• "Annual SOS Donation Drive Underway"
    Please consider making a Donation to SOS to support our growth and developement.
    https://www.paypal.me/DonateSOS
    Please check and read your email subject [Donations] from sosforums@shipsofscale.com for more details.

RATTLESNAKE US PRIVATEER 1:64 JosephH

JosephH

Blandford
Blandford Group Build

if you talking the little figure it is ok but the details are really hard to see as it is so small

JosephH

Blandford
Blandford Group Build

ok that must be the little man they added I guess on a scale of 1 to 10 I would rate it at abt a 5 or 6

TKAM

I'll be following your blog with interest. I'm also working on the MS Rattlesnake. Here's the link if you wanna take a peek:

Canoe21

Lawrence
Blandford Group Build

Hello JosephH, You have chosen a very interesting little ship to build and it should give you hours of enjoyment building her. Many years ago they built a replica of the Rattlesnake in our town of Sutton ,Ont. and sailed her to Florida. It was I believe a 1/2 scale and the builder said he wished that he had gone to the full size, but by then it was to late to change it. I am sure you will have fun with this build as she is a very nice looking little ship, ENJOY.
Regards Lawrence

JosephH

Blandford
Blandford Group Build

well vacations over today is my last day. still have some honeydo's to finish but back to work tomorrow (work wed-sat 12 hr days) so this weekend i should finish my honey does and get a chance to get to the build.

During breaks was working on my Bonhomme Richard drawings but today messed around with my rattlesnake drawings during a short break

Hull-001.jpg

JosephH

Blandford
Blandford Group Build

So I got all the flats sections done the next parts start curving inwards more which is the bevelled areas this part goes from frame 9 to frame I I have the outer part perfect now need to get the inner parts fixed. The problem is with back to school I am putting in 15 and 16 hrs a day so until sunday when my 3 day weekends start its just a few mins after work while I relax before bed to work on it.

Hull-002.jpg

JosephH

Blandford
Blandford Group Build

sorry guys had to finish my honey-do's from being gone all summer I am getting ready to get back to the build. as for my drawings up i goofed up got the wrong dimensions etc made it way too big so just converted it to a generic 32 gun ship. spending couple hours a day faring things up but I got all the flats done just trying to fare things up