re members who have passed away and seriously ill members

Which brings up the very point. I realize that this is an uncomfortable situation, but @shipahoy brings up a very good point.

All of us if we can, should give instructions to our family and or spouses about how to log in to SOS and post to a specific Category to keep us informed instead of relying on the member themselves to communicate.

We had at least one member Aussie (Geoff) that passed away about a year ago. Some members like Epicdoom, we have no idea what happened to him. He stopped posting and a few of us tried contacting him. No one answers his cell phone either. This is unfortunate that it seems as if they did not leave instructions to the family members or spouse about how to post info on their passing.

I am glad that you brought this up. It is a very good idea. Now, if someone can assist in helping me create a Category for the loved ones and family to post about the "member". The Category should not sound so disturbing and unpleasant. I do not know how to name this one. It would cover illnesses, sickness, passing, etc.

Donnie

All ideas are good. I think that one category for just us folks that are sick, hospitalized with non-threatening conditions could have a category of
Members in Dry Dock: Feeling a bit down.

For those that have obviously passed on
In Memory: We share our condolences

Guys, what do you think of this: @Uwek @Jimsky @zoly99sask @Maarten @NMBROOK @Mike41 @shipbuilder @Dave Stevens (Lumberyard) @RadioTech
The point is to encourage members to include their families so that when there is a problem with a member, their family, spouse, brother, sister, etc can notify one of us to let us know what is going on. Unless a member tells their family how to contact us, then we will never know.
That also goes for me too. If I am sick or in the hospital, then, I need to sit down with my wife and instruct her on how to log in and to post to "Members in Dry Dock" and leave a post about me. That way everyone will know what is going on. Just like the ordeal with Peglegreg (Greg Chard). His wife could be posting in this category to let us know how he is doing.
So, with your permission, I would like to add these two Categories - maybe put them near the bottom of the forum. Unless you all have other ideas.

In my opinion also a Good Idea - the members and not only the models or ships are the most important part of a forum like this

Ok, so, I created the Category “Is There a Doctor in The House?”
and added the two forums to it. I also stuffed “the shipbuilders life” under same category since it is somewhat related.
thank you again @shipahoy for recommending this.

Ok, so, I created the Category “Is There a Doctor in The House?”
and added the two forums to it. I also stuffed “the shipbuilders life” under same category since it is somewhat related.
thank you again @shipahoy for recommending this.
Hallo Donnie,
maybe you should rename the Category, because still there is the "Shipbuilder´s Life" as a sub-category - and here we have still also positive information posted

nice suggestion. I been away then back for couple days then away again due to illness but feeling better now. I have 1 more dr visit in 10 days and hopefully get good news. on nother note 2 days ago had to put my best bud down for a nap after 17 yrs which has taken a huge toll on me mentally but im slowly getting over it. so hopefully i find something to mess with to keep me busy as soon as i get some strength back to siut at the computer again. I want to try and find some decent plans to build from that I only need to change a few things. and need to do it little larger scale to make it easier on me. Hopefully by next summer will be back to full health. I had some problems with my Colon and Prostate which also made it painful to sit thus why not much drawing as i can only sit short periods of time before my lower abdomen acts up but the meds and other stuff are getting it better.

What a great idea. I don't know anybody on here as yet as my time has been limited to be able to get to the computer what with my inherited models to finish and my other passion camping and 4X4 driving at the moment i'm flat out. Will be away for a week or so on my last trip untill next year and then I can start things in earnest. and maybe even post some pictures of the models

Back