Re: Royal William 1/48 scale

433.jpg
Test fitting, I decided it would be easier to cut through the small wales rather than
trying to cut and trim the support,

434.jpg
just a little more trimming to do,

435.jpg
and the port side,

436.jpg
different angle,

437.jpg
and a couple of views of the support, it still has to be trimmed to its final shape,

438.jpg

Last edited:
439.jpg
The support held in place with a couple of dowels, while working out the shape of the lower rail piece,

440.jpg
cutting the template to shape,

442.jpg
and the finished template where the rail will go,

441.jpg
the first section cut to shape, it still has to be sanded and then steamed to bend down to meet the hawse holes,

443.jpg
The assembly just sitting in place not yet glued, still some fine tuning and sanding to do,

444.jpg
Head on view,

445.jpg
closer look,

446.jpg
and the port side, i might trim a bit more off the fronts of the supports, and i don't think I am going to fit sheaves
in the head, just drill the Six holes to make it look like sheaves,

Last edited:
447.jpg
My Artesania moulding scrapers arrived today, I bought both sets
the 27300 and the 27301, they look quite sturdy but I will make a
support piece to go either side, I will be trying them out this week,
this one is the 27301 set,

448.jpg
The 27300 set,

449.jpg

and a close up of one of the plates in the 27300 set,

Thats a nice set. I didnt smoke from monday till now so when i succeed not to smoke again i am gonna order them. Better for health and the saved money i can use a bit for the shipyard. Keep up the good work. Looks great.

Thats a nice set. I didnt smoke from monday till now so when i succeed not to smoke again i am gonna order them. Better for health and the saved money i can use a bit for the shipyard. Keep up the good work. Looks great.

Wishing you all the best Pat, it will be one of the best things that you can do for yourself, when you give up the smoking, take care of yourself,

Best regards John,

Valla, is that I have a problem ... and that is that I see the wonderful work you do and this step will never finish my boat because you leave me speechless of the wonders performed and the photos so exciting and instructive that you do, a pleasure be a member of this exciting forum of teachers

Thank you very much for your very nice comments,

Best regards John,

Back