Completed models showcase Rescue boat Ksenia is a Mr. White type whaleboat -Scale 1:36 LSModel

Jimsky

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Moderator

1708022917344.jpeg

Парусно-гребной вельбот системы Уайта XIX века применялся на внутренних водах России. Спасательный вельбот Уайта строился из красного дерева, отличался хорошими мореходными качествами и повышенной остойчивостью. Парусное вооружение позволяло маневрировать на малых просторах. Габаритные размеры вельбота составляли в длину 10 метров, в ширину 2,6 метра. Спасательный вельбот Уайта имел воздушные ящики/сухие отсеки, которые наполнялись пробкой, для обеспечения плавучести и непотопляемости. Даже при полном заполнении водой вельбот оставался на плаву вместе с гребцами и пассажирами.

The sailing-rowing whaleboat of the White system of the 19th century was used on the inland waters of Russia. White's rescue whaleboat was built from mahogany and was distinguished by good seaworthiness and increased stability. Sailing weapons made it possible to maneuver in small spaces. The overall dimensions of the whaleboat were 10 meters long and 2.6 meters wide. White's rescue whaleboat had air boxes/dry compartments filled with cork to ensure buoyancy and unsinkability. Even when filled with water, the whaleboat remained afloat along with the rowers and passengers.

length 295 mm,
width 82 mm,
height 240 mm

The model is built completely out of the box (no bashing at all) only replacing the rigging line and blocks supplied in the kit. I made a kit review in 2019 (not that long ago) ;)

The model was built as a present for my friend in a very short time (three weeks) so I have not had a chance to take photos of various stages (sorry). However, before giving her to a friend, I took photos of the model. Here she is.

600_4311.jpg
600_4318.jpg
600_4323.jpg
600_4339.jpg
600_4328.jpg
600_4338_B.jpg
600_4342.jpg
600_4348.jpg
600_4352.jpg
600_4355.jpg
600_4354.jpg
600_4356.jpg
600_4333.jpg
600_4334.jpg
600_4342_B.jpg
600_4344.jpg

It was fun to build, even though I had a very short deadline. It is not a beginner kit and requires some prior build models. I wish the choice of timber is somewhat better, Except for the oars, all parts are made from the same type of wood (Anegrie). The hull was painted using a mix of Burnt Siena, Light Red, and diluted Bitumen. The base is made out of pinewood and painted using Indian ink.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Thank you for watching.

Fantastic construction, you can see the author's experience. It is the first time I have seen that boat steering system, without a tiller. Maybe an oar is missing? Thank you very much for sharing it.
Thank you, Adry. I also have not experienced such a tiller system, and frankly really suspect the block system as it showed on the model. It will be difficult to steer the boat.

My dear friend Jimsky
I love your work on this lovely boat, it's looks beautiful :) Thumbsup

Very nice - I like the sails and the rope work along the hull.

View attachment 428155

Парусно-гребной вельбот системы Уайта XIX века применялся на внутренних водах России. Спасательный вельбот Уайта строился из красного дерева, отличался хорошими мореходными качествами и повышенной остойчивостью. Парусное вооружение позволяло маневрировать на малых просторах. Габаритные размеры вельбота составляли в длину 10 метров, в ширину 2,6 метра. Спасательный вельбот Уайта имел воздушные ящики/сухие отсеки, которые наполнялись пробкой, для обеспечения плавучести и непотопляемости. Даже при полном заполнении водой вельбот оставался на плаву вместе с гребцами и пассажирами.

The sailing-rowing whaleboat of the White system of the 19th century was used on the inland waters of Russia. White's rescue whaleboat was built from mahogany and was distinguished by good seaworthiness and increased stability. Sailing weapons made it possible to maneuver in small spaces. The overall dimensions of the whaleboat were 10 meters long and 2.6 meters wide. White's rescue whaleboat had air boxes/dry compartments filled with cork to ensure buoyancy and unsinkability. Even when filled with water, the whaleboat remained afloat along with the rowers and passengers.

length 295 mm,
width 82 mm,
height 240 mm

The model is built completely out of the box (no bashing at all) only replacing the rigging line and blocks supplied in the kit. I made a kit review in 2019 (not that long ago) ;)

The model was built as a present for my friend in a very short time (three weeks) so I have not had a chance to take photos of various stages (sorry). However, before giving her to a friend, I took photos of the model. Here she is.

View attachment 428159
View attachment 428160
View attachment 428161
View attachment 428162
View attachment 428163
View attachment 428167
View attachment 428168
View attachment 428169
View attachment 428172
View attachment 428173
View attachment 428174
View attachment 428175
View attachment 428176
View attachment 428177
View attachment 428178
View attachment 428179

It was fun to build, even though I had a very short deadline. It is not a beginner kit and requires some prior build models. I wish the choice of timber is somewhat better, Except for the oars, all parts are made from the same type of wood (Anegrie). The hull was painted using a mix of Burnt Siena, Light Red, and diluted Bitumen. The base is made out of pinewood and painted using Indian ink.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Thank you for watching.
Dima, you obviously messed up with the sails;)

Yea...got it! That was intentional, I wanted to show the 'wear and tear' of the sails. Tar from ropes, salt water, and time. At least, this is how I see it... ;)

Yea...got it! That was intentional, I wanted to show the 'wear and tear' of the sails. Tar from ropes, salt water, and time. At least, this is how I see it... ;)
A beautiful and refreshing model next to all the Vasas and Victorias ;). Respect!

Back