Revenge 1577

eric61

Hi Zoltan, the Sapelle strips that came with the Endeavour kit were quite porous and the CA glue being rather thin created quite a problem. The glue set very quickly and my fingers stuck to the strips then while trying to get my fingers off the strips, the strips broke. I won't go on, it's a comedy of errors.
If I had a denser strip of wood I don't think I would have had that problem. The strips even curved down the length when PVA glue was spread on them.

Regards
Eric

GaryM

Brian: Their site shows some incredible ship models including the HMS Victory in 1:72 scale that must make an marvelous model since it is a heavy kit. Their Sovereign also looks marvelous.

Brian077

Hi Gary,
hope Denis doesn't mind me stepping all over his build log, but yes there are some good value for money kits on that web page.

I have purchased some cherry planking and its the best value for money timber I have found anywhere.

Peglegreg

Staff member
Blandford Group Build

G'day Denis
It looks like a great book. Great photos and I assume great articles as well.
Good luck my mate for a quick recovery when you're back at home.
I'll be thinking of you.
God bless
Greg

Uwek

Staff member
Blandford Group Build

Vpirozzi

Hi my friend,
The thing about ca glue is to use the correct consistency and amount. I use it whenever it is in an area under tension. I don't like to wait long for glue to dry. For the first planking I use it completely. I will use the thicker stuff and very little. It does not run or bleed through. For second planking I will use PVA like Tightbond, except in areas where there is considerable bending. There I will us thick ca.

Vince P. Ship-1

Vpirozzi