Thanks for the "etching" technique you used on the window's to create/simulate the panes. I have some microscope slide covers I had planned on attempting to cut but will also look into and order acrylic glass in case I can't master glass panes.The windows were sawn from 1 mm acrylic glass. The window bars were transferred from the plan with a scriber and then scored with a fine saw blade (0.6 mm). In order not to scratch the sensitive acrylic glasses, a transparent plastic film (airbrush film) was stuck onto the saw table. Sawing in these graded angles with pretty small contact surfaces was extremely tricky. Either it succeeds immediately or 4/5 repetitions are necessary. So the result is only 98 percent accurate.
View attachment 223328
View attachment 223329
The scratches were filled with diluted black oil paint and after several hours of drying time, the excess paint can be removed with a cloth. The color only remains in the scars and beautifully simulates the fine bars.
I had to make the upper counter twice. The first try was too narrow and the carving wasn't good either. But also my second attempt doesn't match the original either. The ancestors show me again and again who's Number One.
But this is an opportunity to show , how the various radii were sawen out. To make it absolutely symmetrical, I took a saw setting for both sides of the timber.
View attachment 223330
View attachment 223331
View attachment 223332
Hi Brad,Thanks for the "etching" technique you used on the window's to create/simulate the panes. I have some microscope slide covers I had planned on attempting to cut but will also look into and order acrylic glass in case I can't master glass panes.
Looking very good, especially when we realize how small these ornaments are compared to the Eurocent.