San Felipe 1690 - Panart

As you, I haven't been around lately, due to personal circumstances. However, you have made some major advancement. I like the way you did your decks - have to keep that one in mind - and also the method for the gun ports.

Eccellent method of layout on the Gun Ports, etc. Very nice progress - some really good workmanship here !!! :greetings-clapyellow:

Thank you very much to all for your comments :text-thankyouyellow:

Apologize for the last few weeks of absence. I've been (and I) quite busy at the gigs and I can not devote many hours these days.
I started with the gun ports port and the idea was to let these facts loopholes frames with some "depth" to make it look once painted the effect of "bulk" of the hull, since the wall at that point is only 1 , 5mm.
The problem begins in the implementation of these frameworks. I tried 1mm (too thin), 2mm (too thick) .. I made a template, mold, etc ... but were not exactly the same.

The idea is to make a square tube frames far and go mode cutting slices. In this way, everyone is equal and then with the second liner, dissimulation possible defects in the pocket.
Now I only doubt what color I paint the frame ... red, walnut, etc ...

With picture is clearer but not much mystery.

This is what you need to get

DSC00029.jpg

The wood that will square tube and gluing process. This helped me a aluminum profile measures slightly smaller, but perfectly aligns the slats.

DSC00025.jpg

DSC00031.jpg

DSC00032.jpg

DSC00033.jpg

DSC00035.jpg

DSC00036.jpg

With the circular saw (gift :) ) cut the "slices" of the gun ports

DSC00037.jpg

DSC00038.jpg

Here the first of 13x11 port side. Those that are not done yet deck the area that are somewhat larger.

DSC00039.jpg

DSC00043.jpg

Simulation second plank
DSC00046.jpg

DSC00047.jpg

Regards

Hello Carlos,I will be getting this model soon,and will follow your log in a third row seat if you do not mind,your Felipe is neatly built,good photo"s and clearly explained,the method used for your gunports is brilliant,thank you for the learning.Happy modeling . Edwin .http://www.shipsofscale.com/phpBB3/posting.php?mode=reply&f=52&t=341#

Carlos,
Now - that is some clean work done on those port frames ! Very nicely executed ! What kind of table saw ?

Donnie

Donnie said:
Carlos,
Now - that is some clean work done on those port frames ! Very nicely executed ! What kind of table saw ?

Donnie

Thanks Donnie. The table saw is very simple. The PROXXONKS-230

Regards

Hello
We continue with the gun ports.

To make things easier, once the plant properly located in the town, proceed to mark in a "dirty" various loopholes to get dirty location, but quite real.

DSC00081.jpg

DSC00083.jpg

The next step is to take measurements of the shafts and start drawing each of the 49 pockets ... but to make things easier, we will abuse the technology.
First with autocad do I serve matrix template and then print it on transparent paper adhesive. This way, I save a lot of time.

Imagen_1.jpg

DSC00085.jpg

So are restated the pockets. Now back to pull drill, cutter and patience ....

DSC00086.jpg

DSC00087.jpg

Regards

Excellent templates (using AutoCad I see). Very nice Carlos - I am jealous - I should have used the CAD to do my templates too. Fantastic idea there. (just kidding about the jealous part) :razz:

Donnie

Donnie said:
Excellent templates (using AutoCad I see). Very nice Carlos - I am jealous - I should have used the CAD to do my templates too. Fantastic idea there. (just kidding about the jealous part) :razz:

Donnie

Thanks Donnie. I if I have jealous of your fantastic job with the Santísima Trinidad :D :D

Regards

Hello
I finished the task of gun ports.
All gun ports tinted walnut.
Now looks like a ship to moles, haha

DSC00333.jpg

Detail tinted walnut gun port
DSC00334.jpg

DSC00339.jpg

I opted to make the second planking with 10 cm segments.
The idea is to do with that lining the gun ports within which in theory should fit the window. As I finish about half a millimeter before lined hollow gun port.

DSC00359.jpg

Regards

hi carlos, great work. how did you figure out how to sand all your frames to run into the filler pieces on the bow and stern? hope you can tell me how to do this. I always have a problem with them. thanks and I enjoy watching your progress on the ship. did you have any special tools to do this? very limited on tools that I have. I have built 3 other ships and they always have between frames 1,2,3 a bulge between them that seems to stick out. then I have to use filler and sand to fill in. any help would greatly welcomed. thanks terry

Very nice model but i think he is not interested in this model anymore. Because the log has not been updated since 2013.

Hello
Thank you so much all for the comments. Due to lack of time, I left the San Felipe assembly parked a few years ago and dedicated myself to other smaller models. I hope to resume assembly in a few months.

I just saw Donnie's model finished and I remembered mine :(Sick

I leave you some pictures of how it is right now.
Regards

DSC00680.jpg

DSC00681.jpg

DSC00682.jpg

DSC00683.jpg

I will be back :)

Hallo @carlosys ,
we wish you all the Best and a Happy Birthday
Would like to see much more often reports from your project
Birthday-Cake

Back