San Felipe

Hello Rene,
I believe Mr.Deep didn't want to be mean, He is Russian speaking and Google translation is not the best option, but helpful. Offen time, I found myself, Google translated meaninglessly... but I can speak both English and Russian fluently so I can correct translation :)

BTW, you doing a good job!!

I apologize if I was rude.But it is painful to watch as a good set of ship deteriorates.Now there is so much information that before you make a detail, you can see how others do it.

My post was NOT a criticism of your work rather the order of build that the instructions suggest. My current build is the Victoria bow section. This suggests gluing the gun decks in place before hull planking and then at a late stage manipulating the gun carriages via the ports. I chose to put the decks in temporarily , remove them after planking the hull and after hull finished, painting and copper plating,then replace them one by one, allowing gun placement with their tackle. This also allowed better cleaning of deck and easier handling of hull. When it comes to masting and rigging, advance planning with thought to access is especially important. Although each model and modeller is peculiar, with experience and the experience of others, general plans and order can be evolved and learned. There is usually a different and often better way. This is what forums can show us. Your work is your own , learning from others may save time and effort.

Thank you for this log it is a ship I have been interested in. Looking at your photos the quality of the kit components look excellent. How did you find the documentation (instructions, plans,details) I wondered because when I have seen it advertised they seemed a bit limited.
Love the work you are doing and the pictures are great.

[QUOTE = "AMac, post: 105874, membre: 9023"]
Merci pour ce log c'est un bateau qui m'intéresse. En regardant vos photos la qualité des composants du kit est excellente. Comment avez-vous trouvé la documentation (instructions, plans, détails), me suis-je demandé parce que quand je l'ai vue publiée, ils semblaient un peu limités.
J'adore le travail que vous faites et les images sont superbes.
[/CITATION]
La documentation sur notre forum...
The documentation on our forum ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Without insults.It looks awful.It feels like you guys don't use information from the Internet.So much information, and you're making such a mess.Paint the barrels Matt black.Remove too large nails on the trunnions.What kind of nails are half sticking out of the sides of the carriage?View attachment 154662View attachment 154666View attachment 154683
Funny thing how each and every insult starts with "no insult". Anyway, it's just a hobby, nice pastime. No insult meant :)

Hi Rene,

Thank you for your reply if I translate it correctly you said the documentation is on the forum. I was unable to find where this was I have looked at your build but couldn't locate it.:)

[QUOTE = "AMac, post: 105943, membre: 9023"]
Salut René,

Merci pour votre réponse si je le traduis correctement vous avez dit que la documentation est sur le forum. Je n'ai pas pu trouver où c'était. J'ai regardé votre build mais je n'ai pas pu le localiser.:)
[/CITATION]
Hello Mac....je me réveille !.... je regarde et je t'écris dans un petit moment..après un bon café !..

HHello
[QUOTE = "ReneK, message: 105954, membre: 8644"]
[QUOTE = "AMac, post: 105943, membre: 9023"]
Salut René,

Merci pour votre réponse si je le traduis correctement vous avez dit que la documentation est sur le forum. Je n'ai pas pu trouver où c'était. J'ai regardé votre build mais je n'ai pas pu le localiser.:)
[/CITATION]
Bonjour Mac .... je me réveille! .... je regarde et je t'écris dans un petit moment..après un bon café! ..

Good morning Mac ,
Do you have an email address for sending my documents, I don't know how to transfer documents from the forum
Regards, René

Wow thanks for the emails.
Very informative the English translation a bit scratchy but then you are probably not using them only the part numbers and pictures. Looks like with a bit of experience and common sense seems manageable.
Thanks again
Allan

without words

Attachments

• IMG_20200605_133512.jpg
    IMG_20200605_133512.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20200605_133518.jpg
    IMG_20200605_133518.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20200605_133523.jpg
    IMG_20200605_133523.jpg