San Francisco cross section [COMPLETED BUILD]

Thanks so much for all the encouragement. I have built four ships and this one had me temped to give up. Well I am forging on. Sometimes I think some (me) are too critical of the finished product. No more whining for me. I opened the Potolsk kit and am stunned at the detail of instructions. Four c sized prints, detailed printed instructions (even an extra copy in Russian). Should get under weigh in aweek, Will increase progress reports.

Thanks so much for all the encouragement. I have built four ships and this one had me temped to give up. Well I am forging on. Sometimes I think some (me) are too critical of the finished product. No more whining for me. I opened the Potolsk kit and am stunned at the detail of instructions. Four c sized prints, detailed printed instructions (even an extra copy in Russian). Should get under weigh in aweek, Will increase progress reports.
I guess it is your kit of the Brigantine "Phoenix" , or?
I am happy to hear that you are positively surprised about the manual, so we all hope, that yoiu start soon a building of your Phoenix.

Like the "Phoenix" your modeling activities will obtain new life by arising from the ashes ....... :cool:

Hello
It is good to be back from medical issues that kept me from sitting at work bench. Hope to locate a previous build of the Artrsania cross section as a guide. I really missed building scale models. See you soon as I get started.
Hallo @sideliner
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

OK. I have a few more pics on my build of the cross section of the San Francisco. Putting on the sanpelly planks was an experiment in adhesives. Started with contact cement, changed to regular wood glue an went back to contact cement. Took a small area , brushed on the contact cement, let it set for a few min. and laid each plank. Downside is that you need to get it straight or its hard to move around. You can see where I tried to make and install the chain plates. What a mess. Will be stripping off and installing ready made chain plates, if they ever get here from the Land Down Under. Cutting gun ports was difficult for me and you can see where I had to strip away some planking to resize a gun port. Need to be careful marking dimensions on the curved hull. Be sure to assemble one or two canons so you can get the height of gun port correct. I marked the gun port dim with ink and then pushed pins thru into interior to make sure of correct height. When assembling the canon make sure you are using correct diameter brass wire. I used up small diameter and had to use larger wire to mount wheels. That meant I had to drill out dia of wheels. Just me not following instructions.. Currently working on gun tackle. Found that using 28ga annealed black wire works best on those tiny blocks. Guys, I know I am in many cases preaching to the choir with these notes but I think it will be helpful to first timers. I have had a lot of help from other builders on this site..

View attachment 167731View attachment 167742View attachment 167748View attachment 167751
Just found your build and can relate to trying different planking adhesives, I also did the same thing with my current build and funnily enough the pictures look very similar.
I am thinking of a cross section build next.

Back