San Francisco II

Artesania Latina released a new version of this ship. I know that because I received one as a birthday present and I am beginning to work on it now. The new kit as some very finely laser cut parts, but there are no printed instructions, all is on 2 CDs. , I suppose it is made in China for AL
The ship's boat is made of wood, not metal and there are no openings on the decks for the gratings.
Also it seems that the ply for the bulkheads is thiner.
The kit is well enginneered and there are some metal figures included.
Good work, by the way.

JL

Well I intend to start a build log as soon as I have some material. As for the kit review I think I'll cover it on the build log. It will be interesting to see the two models side by side although you are more advanced than me and I am building three ships at the same time;)...

Regards

JL

Last edited:
Artesania Latina released a new version of this ship. I know that because I received one as a birthday present and I am beginning to work on it now. The new kit as some very finely laser cut parts, but there are no printed instructions, all is on 2 CDs. , I suppose it is made in China for AL
The ship's boat is made of wood, not metal and there are no openings on the decks for the gratings.
Good work, by the way.

JL
Good luck with your build. I will be following your build if you publish here :)

Good work, by the way.

JL
Hello, i bought this kit 2 years ago and yes this is previous version. I wish at least the life boat and nests were made of wood also. But i will try to make them myself as scracth if i can.

Back