SCAM with kits

I understood that ZHL was or is - not a model MAKER but on ly a distributer of many brands of model kits- am I incorrect ?

seems to be something odd going on here the same kit or the same picture of the kit one for $95.00 and free shipping and one for $459.00 + shipping

bang.JPG
bpzhl.JPG

they are the same image but how can Banggood sell that kit for 95+ shipping?
cost of shipping got to be 30 or 40 bucks so he is almost giving away the kit

they are the same image but how can Banggood sell that kit for 95+ shipping?
cost of shipping got to be 30 or 40 bucks so he is almost giving away the kit
These are than the garbage kits some members are showing already - with missing parts, reduced or not existing timber quality etc.

Here is one example

Sure am glad I am not the owner of Banggood getting discussed on a thread about scams simply because I offer low prices.

The $92 kit is a basic kit and contains the led's, the $459 kit is the full bells and whistle kit. Banggood states in its description that

Package Included:

1 Set x Pirate Black Pearl Sailing Model (Not including ship decorations)

Also, near the bottom of the page is a very large QR code that states "Scan this code to DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS"

It never ceases to amaze me that people will not read "instructions" properly, 10/10 complaints on their web site about no instruction manual !!

Size: length * width * height 650 x 300 x 200mm I think the width and height (300 x 200) are the wrong way round, a model that is 25.5" by 12" by 8" seems a bit disproportionate.

so it is not a cheap kit it is more like a basic starter kit. So if you are skilled you can take a semi-kit and build something out of it

Sure am glad I am not the owner of Banggood getting discussed on a thread about scams simply because I offer low prices.

Mike Shanks

your right Mike calling it a scam is not correct it is more a semi-kit or a cheaper version of an expensive kit.

The $92 kit is a basic kit and contains the led's, the $459 kit is the full bells and whistle kit. Banggood states in its description that

Package Included:

1 Set x Pirate Black Pearl Sailing Model (Not including ship decorations)

Also, near the bottom of the page is a very large QR code that states "Scan this code to DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS"

It never ceases to amaze me that people will not read "instructions" properly, 10/10 complaints on their web site about no instruction manual !!

Size: length * width * height 650 x 300 x 200mm I think the width and height (300 x 200) are the wrong way round, a model that is 25.5" by 12" by 8" seems a bit disproportionate.
I think this is the case

BANGGOOD

this is not a model ship manufacture they are a huge on line shopping mall, selling all sorts of products.

it takes a little looking into to figure out who actually makes the products and who is just a distributer
Like ZHL they do not make all the kits they sell some of them are made by other companies ZHL is like a hobby shop selling different products from different companies.

Welcome to ZHL store, i have all the brand wooden model ship kit which made in china with best quality ever kit in stock, if you interesting in any ship, please let me know, i can try my best to service you

i take this as ZHL is a distributer of all different kit manufactures in China

Last edited:
Based on the reviews the $92 kit is a cheap knock off. Like Dave said Banggood is not scamming people they are just taking someone else's product and selling it as is. They probably have no idea what's actually in the box. These fall in the "If it seems to good to be true it probably is" category.

Here's my favorite review of the $92 Black Pearl from the site

It doesnt even include enough parts to build the basic ship! Approximately 15% of the sheets containing laser cut parts are completely missing! Theres not enough planking wood, or masts, not enough cotton for rigging, bad cloth for sail, no moulded parts like the nice decoration fore and aft, no detail formed parts like anchors. Very bad kit... AVOID!!! Certainly no LED's etc! NO plans or CD or instructions. Also those parts you get on laser cut sheets are thinner sheets than they should be... I found online plans and matched some of the sheets ( many are missing ) . where the plans say its a 4mm sheet, mine is 2.6mm etc. This is a cheap copy cut in some backyard with a laser cutter. EXTREMELY DISSAPOINTING.

I bought one before I knew anything about this stuff. Spent $112 and got what I paid for, which is what is described in the review above, Got some pretty nice wood scraps some canons for my scratch build and a little wisdom out of the deal.

interesting post MystRacing

so it seems some guy in his basement with one of those hobby grade laser cutters tried to make a kit and failed so he is selling a bad attempt. It seems it's not Banggood fault they are just like you said selling a box of stuff

Back