Schooner Albatross from Constructo [COMPLETED BUILD]

Good Morning from South Carolina USA Alexander:

I am watching your progress with interest. Your drilling and pegging of the deck boards is well executed. Thank you for taking the time to make a record of your build so that others less experienced can learn from your efforts. Your work on the planking and keel is exceptional. Have a good day.

Marc

Доброе утро из Южной Каролины, США Александр:

С интересом слежу за вашими успехами. Ваше сверление и привязка досок настила выполнены хорошо. Спасибо, что нашли время записать свою сборку, чтобы другие, менее опытные, могли извлечь уроки из ваших усилий. Ваша работа с обшивкой и килем исключительна. Хорошего дня.

Марк
Марк, спасибо. Хорошо, когда есть польза от строительства. Мило. Я рада поделиться своими знаниями

Hello everyone. Work on the Albatross continues. Sheathed the bulwarks from the inside, installed toptimbers, barhout and gunwale. The gunwale had to be altered. In the set, it was proposed to make it a composite of two 2x2 mm rails. The aft gunwale consists of three such slats. I didn't like it, so I made it out of the whole rail that was left over from the skin. As a result, the gunwale turned out to be 1,5x5 mm in size and tselikovym. I had to really bend this whole rail on the edge, but the water and the iron did their job. The result is shown in the photo. The evaluation of my work is up to you colleagues20210509_162528.jpg20210509_162446.jpg20210509_162438.jpg20210509_162424.jpg20210509_162353.jpg

Looks great. That must have been some effort to bend sideways the whole caprail in one piece. Thanks for sharing.

Выглядит отлично. Должно быть, потребовалось некоторое усилие, чтобы согнуть весь капрейл вбок как одно целое. Спасибо, что поделился.
Дженнаро, вода, железо и мои руки. Ну немного терпения. Здесь главное не торопиться, иначе можно сломать саму рейку.

Today I was engaged in reworking the steering wheel pen. Due to the fact that I replaced the keel and stem with a pear, then the rudder feather should be made from a pear. I sharpened a new pen, made some changes to it that look correct from a technical point of view. The steering wheel hinges also need to be changed, because they are VERY over-sized. The loops in the set are 3 mm wide, according to my calculations, 1.8 mm came out. All comparisons and changes in the photo. Enjoy all the simulation.20210510_184801.jpg20210510_184828.jpg20210510_184858.jpg20210510_210501.jpg20210510_210605.jpg

Отличная работа, коллега! Thumbs-Up Не хотелось сделать перо руля составным из нескольких элементов? ;)

Translated by Jim,

Great job, colleague! Didn't you want to make a rudder from several timber elements?

Отличная работа, коллега! Не хотелось сделать перо руля составным из нескольких элементов?;)
Здравствуйте, коллега. Такая мысль была изначально. Но концепция сборки этого набора не предполагает таких переделок (заказчик не готов платить за них). После яхты «СТАНДАРТ» он привез мне «ПОБЕДУ» от Деагостини и эту малышку в грузе. Я сдерживаюсь изо всех сил. ROTFСкорее всего сделаю имитацию (выделю грани в месте соединения частей)

Beautiful work! I wish I had your skills.
I love those topsail schooners, and am fortunate in that my wife and I will be sailing as part of a guest crew on the Pride of Baltimore II in June!

Beautiful work! I wish I had your skills.
I love those topsail schooners, and am fortunate in that my wife and I will be sailing as part of a guest crew on the Pride of Baltimore II in June!
Thanks. I can build you a similar model if you want.

Continuation of the deck improvement works. Installed additional parts on the deck. The result is shown in the photo. There are tools left, but in a set with this complete disgrace, I will think about it. I didn't like the brass tiller, so I made it black. I installed the model on the stand that was included in the set.20210517_184601.jpg20210517_184626.jpg20210517_184637.jpg20210517_184658-1.jpg

He began work on the spars and rigging. I don't like the layout in the set. Therefore, I will do something in between what is depicted in the books "World of schooners" by Marquardt and L. Petersson "rigging of oblique sailing weapons". I made a bowsprit and an outrigger. On the bowsprit I added violins, on the uthlegar I added a pulley.20210517_210138.jpg20210517_210158.jpg20210517_210229.jpg

Colleagues, maybe someone has diagrams of the spars and rigging of the Baltimore schooners. The schooner "Albatross" is a kind of collective image, so the scheme from the set looks very sparse. Perhaps one of you could share with me the rigging diagrams of the Baltimore schooners of 1840 and close to these years.

Back