Schooner Albatross from Constructo [COMPLETED BUILD]

Congratulations Sasha! You have completed a beautiful model and gave your client more than they asked for. That is a kindness we should all take a lesson from. I have enjoyed following this build and look forward to learning more from you in the years ahead. Bravo!

Your rigging is a model of accuracy and cleanliness! Anybody wishing to build this model, has a great example to follow! Well done Alexander. And as far as the pictures go - of course we do not mind. We would be very pleased if you could share your model in the Completed Gallery Section.
The case is small. Persuade your Admiral ROTF

Congratulations Sasha! You have completed a beautiful model and gave your client more than they asked for. That is a kindness we should all take a lesson from. I have enjoyed following this build and look forward to learning more from you in the years ahead. Bravo!
Thanks Paul. As we say, it won't rust after me.ROTFROTFROTF
I will start a new large-scale project soon.

Congrats, my friend! Great build log with many gotchas and explanations! I am sure, your client will be the happiest one! Great model to be proud of!

Details of the rigging of the forearm braces. Beginning of the running rigging on the eye in the deck on each side of the mainmast.View attachment 246291

Further, through the two-pulley block on the mast, the ropes diverge and follow to the block on the forehand
View attachment 246293

Pass through the block on the yard and return to the mainmast

View attachment 246294

Pass through this two-sheeted block

View attachment 246295

And they are fixed on the coffee bar with a dowel bar.

View attachment 246296

The routing of this cable, as well as the entire rigging, does not correspond to the set. In the set, the rigging is VERY simplified.
I respect a builder who pursues details when the kit dumbs them down. Your results show that determination and care. Rich (PT-2_

Thank you my friends.
The customer is very satisfied. He really got more than he expected.
I will start a new project soon. Keep for updates.
And yes, I hope for my Admiral in the photo for the gallery

Hi Sasha!

The "Albatros" turned out very nice. :)

It was once a kit like the one that has been offered cheaply for many years with so many other models for beginner. In recent years, the quality of wood has improved significantly with some manufacturers, laser cutting or milling was added. Also the quality of the parts for example by finished brass etched parts has become better. Anyone who is intensively engaged in ship modelling will not get around the purchase of expensive books and machines at some point.
The supply of excellent parts has increased by leaps and bounds, and with your own skills, expertise and precise machines you can build excellent models today.
You still have to build the shipyourself, the result can vary greatly even with good materials. Your "Albatros" is an example of the best use of beautiful wood, metals, blocks and ropes to make a super model!

Best regards
Thomas

Hi Sasha!

The "Albatros" turned out very nice. :)

It was once a kit like the one that has been offered cheaply for many years with so many other models for beginner. In recent years, the quality of wood has improved significantly with some manufacturers, laser cutting or milling was added. Also the quality of the parts for example by finished brass etched parts has become better. Anyone who is intensively engaged in ship modelling will not get around the purchase of expensive books and machines at some point.
The supply of excellent parts has increased by leaps and bounds, and with your own skills, expertise and precise machines you can build excellent models today.
You still have to build the shipyourself, the result can vary greatly even with good materials. Your "Albatros" is an example of the best use of beautiful wood, metals, blocks and ropes to make a super model!

Best regards
Thomas
Thomas, this is the Starter Kit. I just finalized it. The customer brought it to me and asked to collect it for a small budget. First, he (the customer) brought me an imperial yacht "Standart" from DeAgostini. After he saw the result, he talked me into another model. Soon I will start a new construction project using this model. Along with the new model was the box of the schooner Albatross. I had to collect. :)

Greetings to all fellow modelers.
Thanks for the kind comments, likes and help in building this model. I just gave the customer a finished model, he is very impressed. The live model looks better than in the photo. Now ALBATROS has found its home port and will delight its owner.
Since I can't sit without work for a long time ROTF , I start a new project.

At the moment, the project for the construction of the schooner "Albatross" has been completed. It took me 5 months to complete this construction. I tried to make this model a little better than it is presented in the set. Although the customer and I agreed on the assembly out of the box, but I could not resist reworking. And so I changed: I completely altered the keel frame and frames, the stem, keel, sternpost and rudder blade were replaced with a pear. The rig in the box was all crooked, so I replaced it too. Geeks and gaffs made of black hornbeam. Made some design improvements. Changed the machine tools (slightly modified them). Completely replaced the rigging and blocks out of the box (they went out of the box to the bin). I completely changed the wiring diagram of the rigging. The set contains a very simplified diagram.
And what is left of the kit here? Hmm ... need to think. How well I was able to judge your colleagues in ship modeling. I can say one thing: I am happy with the result. And as the customer is SATISFIED, words are not conveyed.View attachment 247473View attachment 247474View attachment 247475
Wow! Beautiful job. Congratulations Sasha.

Back