Schooner HALCON 1840 sailing ship 1/100 scale

I'm also a bit late to the party. :) I did find some plans online and I also found that HiSModels has both a sail kit and a rigging & block kit available for this model. However now you are turning a $15 USD model into $65 USD model. :)
My local club is doing this kit as a group build and it has been fun to see how different people have approached the kit. For instance, the false keel is quite thin, so I've decided not to try to cut a rabbet and will just fight with beveling the edges of the planks. The same with thinning the aft end of the false keel. I'm not going to sand the false keel thin, but I'll sand down the thickness of the planking after it's installed. Also, since it is a single plank hull, I'm planning on painting the hull. :)
I'll add a little more info once my order of the rig and block kit arrives. I think it is waiting at the post office for me to pick up. :)

Hello Corsair, did you eventually receive your rig and block kit? I too, have ordered a set from HiSModels. They were pretty quick in dispatching it, but a week on from that and no sign of it here. Tracking info still says "Leaving country of origin".

Seems I spoke too soon. The kit of dead-eyes etc arrived this morning.
My first thought on opening the package was "how on earth are my fingers going to cope with these?"

20230227_120246.jpg

20230227_120118.jpg

Hello Corsair, did you eventually receive your rig and block kit? I too, have ordered a set from HiSModels. They were pretty quick in dispatching it, but a week on from that and no sign of it here. Tracking info still says "Leaving country of origin".
Yes, I did receive them and posted a pic in another thread on the Halcon which I thought was the one I said I’d reply to. Sorry about. It’s, I’m pretty impressed. They even provided some needle threaders! The pic I posted was of the 2.5 mm deadeyes.

I'm new to model boat building, I recently purchased a small Schooner HALCON sailing ship 1/100 scale and to my surprise there's very little instructions, they barely show u how to assemble the hull and deck and there's no instructions at all for assembling the sail's or the masts.
I did find online some videos of the build but it's in a foreign language and doesn't really help, I'm wondering if anyone knows any sites or videos I can use to guide me, especially with bending the 3mm thick pieces that the canon's stick out of. If someone has knowledge of bending thin plywood like this I'd much appreciate any help, I can't start planking until I get these on, the part I'm mostly worried about is where the port holes for the canon's to stick out I'm worried about breaking or splitting the wood as it is very thin. Again any assistance would be gladly appreciated, thank you Peter Michael
Hallo @PeterMichael
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
How is your work on the Halcon going?

I too am building this model and am getting stuck on the masts, bowsprit, and booms. If anyone has lengths and such for this it would be great!
Hallo @GreenFish
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Did you finish the model in the meantime?

Back