Second ever build Havmagen 683 from Billing Boats [COMPLETED BUILD]

I wish you success and a lot of fun with this kit - we will follow your work with big interest
As usual, I am coming in late. just going through your bild from the start today. just for your information, I started this hobby in the early 1960s with Billings Boat KIT. I was brought up in Northern Denmark in a total fishing family. Had 6 uncles, each one with their cutter At that time there was not much help- information, tools etc., as it was just the beginning- O can remember have many it went to the Bin. Finally, I got it, as you may have seen, the hulls are all alike. The differences from one cutter to another were mainly the Wheelhouse, the fishing tools, and the lifeboat- which is changed to a cilender with a gummi Boat inside and you have on yours. to make a Long story short, once you have built the Hull, you can change each into another according to the type of catch- trawling, with hooks etc.
YOUR HULL LOOKS PERFECT
ADD for info. I will add some of these cutters1_HG OVE.jpg2_HG 7 HAVORNEN.jpg2_HG 7 HAVORNEN.jpg1_HG OVE.jpg

bb603_norden_cutter_lg.jpg

CHR.jpg

crabben kutter.jpg

dana 12.jpg

KAJ -ligger til aktiondhallen.jpg

DANA 6.jpg

As usual, I am coming in late. just going through your bild from the start today. just for your information, I started this hobby in the early 1960s with Billings Boat KIT. I was brought up in Northern Denmark in a total fishing family. Had 6 uncles, each one with their cutter At that time there was not much help- information, tools etc., as it was just the beginning- O can remember have many it went to the Bin. Finally, I got it, as you may have seen, the hulls are all alike. The differences from one cutter to another were mainly the Wheelhouse, the fishing tools, and the lifeboat- which is changed to a cilender with a gummi Boat inside and you have on yours. to make a Long story short, once you have built the Hull, you can change each into another according to the type of catch- trawling, with hooks etc.
YOUR HULL LOOKS PERFECT
ADD for info. I will add some of these cuttersView attachment 406944View attachment 406945View attachment 406945View attachment 406944

View attachment 406946

View attachment 406947

View attachment 406948

View attachment 406949

View attachment 406950

View attachment 406951
Hi, as you can see -aparte from the seizure -the Hull followed the same rules. They were all built in Denmark by local Shipbuilders, after some rules. In general, the were 3 seises= 15 tons -the smallest like Havmaagen; then the 20-ton cutter (the biggest amount) an finally 30 ton like Mary Ann,
One thing I forgot to mentioned is that these types of cutters generally have a crew of between 3or 4-(without any or very Little knowledge of the engine) and there was by law forced to have full sail riggen, just in case of failure of the engine.

As I was brought up between the cutters, it was natural that I started to build them- it was just in the beginning og when Billings Boats came into the market, and the beginning there main campaign was in the area of the biggest fishing ports as Esbjerg (1), Frederikshavn (2) Skagen (3) and Hirtshals (4) where In during 16 years was between this Ship, out fishing too, so when I has a building problem, down to the harbour and local building site. Here learned that STEAM to bend the planks is by far the number one.

Under Billings Boats in Google, you can find a lot of info on this particular cutter or Boat, as to me it is a transformed costboat Bent- Wheelhouse etc.. On the web, there are some very excellent images. They can all be downloaded in PDF format, as well as the Instrucción manual

Very good work - you are on a very good way
hi Uwe, the images I sent out are not from Panteg Models, but are a finished build model, but Panteg is doing well. The main problem is the Wheelhouse -here you can radar and other electronic equipment -not in the instruction book. I have over 100 images of these cutters.

hi Uwe, the images I sent out are not from Panteg Models, but are a finished build model, but Panteg is doing well. The main problem is the Wheelhouse -here you can radar and other electronic equipment -not in the instruction book. I have over 100 images of these cutters.
My comment was not related to your post - everytime to the author of the building log

I know that the above-inserted images are not in the right place. I only wanted to show the actual builder of this boat, a finished boat as a help. sorry Uwe. delete them if you wish.
Thanks the completed Boat images do help .

Latest progress on the Havmegan . Cabin almost finished but not yet glued in place , need to sort out the door handles and building up courage and researching how to fit the name decal . Any tips gratefully received.

80.jpg

81.jpg

Just a little more progress , cabin glued in place and a little deck furniture added . Failed to get the name decal to detach from the backing paper
so will need to make a name plate of my own.

View attachment 408666
It is very well built, as I remember 60 years ago or more, just it -no critic - a little too clean. These boats a cutter were generally very dirty with oxidation, crashed ?? (dirty) hulls etc. Only when they had to go to the yearly ITV. very well done.

Back