Second ever build Havmagen 683 from Billing Boats [COMPLETED BUILD]

A lovely little boat. Awesome
Yes, they were beautiful, and I grew up between them. two of my eldest uncles had one each. In fact, it is a converted Cost boat like Cost Bent from Billing too. the main change was the wheelhouse. Generally, they had -the old ones an open wheelhouse. after a day of fishing, they were taken up to the beach by a winch and brought the backs of the crew back to the water the next day.

9_ SKIBE - BENT.jpg

9-A-P.MADSEN.jpg

It is very well built, as I remember 60 years ago or more, just it -no critic - a little too clean. These boats a cutter were generally very dirty with oxidation, crashed ?? (dirty) hulls etc. Only when they had to go to the yearly ITV. very well done.
I agree but don't have the skills to weather it , so have to accept they must have been new once.

A little more progress on the Havmegan re-named and trying to join the dots and work out how the winch goes together.

83.jpg

84.jpg

Tackled some fiddly pin head door handles and started on the even more fiddly fish boxes .

Undecided if the fish boxes are worth the effort ?

Cabin close up to show the handle reveals some paint touch ups required at final touches stage.

98.jpg

99.jpg

100.jpg

101.jpg

Back