Soleil Royal 1669 by Oliveras P. in Navios - planset information

Oh, I forgot; the Foudroyant stern art represents Jupiter riding an eagle and holding/ throwing thunderbolts...At least that's what I read:)

I don't think I could dig up much more then you. Those informations are super interesting. Maybe somebody else could add some more as this level of deatails is just out of my leage

I don't think I could dig up much more then you. Those informations are super interesting. Maybe somebody else could add some more as this level of deatails is just out of my leage
I don't think it's out of your league:)) sometimes you can simply fall on something which isn't main knowledge and is interesting; it's how I happened to find the pic of the stern of the unidentified ship:) the rest is more or less obsession:))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I don't think it's out of your league:)) sometimes you can simply fall on something which isn't main knowledge and is interesting; it's how I happened to find the pic of the stern of the unidentified ship:) the rest is more or less obsession:))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Case and point here:))) I just found the Terrible's drawings of the side galleries (bottles), and front apron; the design is pure Berain and resembles quite a lot to the 1693 Saint-Philippe; so, totally enclosed bottles with two rows of windows (real and painted as it was in the days), and two balconies on the stern ( upper deck and quarterdeck level) meaning three row of windows on the stern structure like the Saint-Philippe.....So, the terrible as a candidate is out of the question.....We're left with fewer ships at this point:)))) One note, the pic from the beginning is a Caffieri/Berain design, which became more prevalent in the later part of the decade, Like on the Louis XV from the museum and the 1723 Foudroyant...And quite possibly the 1692 Royal Louis......It would have been one of the two design structures defined by the 1686 king's ruling, the other being the Berain style.....

Back