• Ships of Scale has incorportated an extra level of security when you log In. Please follow on-screen prompts to acknowledge that you are not a robot via a "Check Box" or a "Pictorial Check Box Puzzle". This is needed due to higher level of AI Activity Security.
  • SUBSCRIBE TO SHIPS IN SCALE TODAY!

    The beloved Ships in Scale Magazine is back and charting a new course for 2026!
    Discover new skills, new techniques, and new inspirations in every issue.

    NOTE THAT OUR NEXT ISSUE WILL BE July/August 2026
  • Win a Free Custom Engraved Brass Coin!!!
    As a way to introduce our brass coins to the community, we will raffle off a free coin during the month of August. Follow link ABOVE for instructions for entering.

Soleil Royal by Heller - an Extensive Modification and Partial Scratch-Build by Hubac’s Historian

Thinking back to WojtasS’s question about what to model next, I remembered this model of a hoy that exists in the NMM colkections:

View attachment 640285

This is such a lovely little ship. I may be wrong, but doesn’t this exist in kit form from some manufacturer?
Looks like a fun little ship to make. It's just a matter do you want that exact model or only type of vessel. From what I see those from Paul's link is different

 
I see that Drydock offers a nice kit of the Hayling Hoy:


I do, however like the particular sheer and half oval ports of the NMM model. Anyway, food for thought.

And, yes Chris, I am a fan of L’Amarant. There’s a beautiful German build from the monograph, out on the web.
 
Back
Top