Soleil Royal - ZHL 1/90 Scale by Paulb [COMPLETED BUILD]

After 18 months, the monster is finished. Actually I had a great time, the ship went together pretty much without any problems. The material and plans were first rate. The only thing I could fault is the castings as they aren't up to todays standards as fantastic results can be achieved with 3D printing. I am really happy with the result and it looks great in my display room. My more complete build log is here:

On to the pictures….
_FPB8752.jpg_FPB8760.jpg_FPB8763.jpg_FPB8772.jpg_FPB8780.jpg_FPB8789.jpg_FPB8791.jpg_FPB8797.jpg

Last edited:
I'd like to take an opportunity and congratulate you on the completion of your beautiful model. It was a challenging but very interesting project, as the result, you are rewarded with such a wonderful model which will make a unique decoration to the place she will shine ON! Congrats!

BTW, what next??? Do you have a project in your mind?

I'd like to take an opportunity and congratulate you on the completion of your beautiful model. It was a challenging but very interesting project, as the result, you are rewarded with such a wonderful model which will make a unique decoration to the place she will shine ON! Congrats!

BTW, what next??? Do you have a project in your mind?
Probably one of these:
IMG_2016.jpegIMG_2017.jpegIMG_2018.jpegIMG_2019.jpegIMG_2020.jpegIMG_2023.jpegIMG_2024.jpegIMG_2026.jpegIMG_2027.jpeg

After 18 months, the monster is finished. Actually I had a great time, the ship went together pretty much without any problems. The material and plans were first rate. The only thing I could fault is the castings as they aren't up to todays standards as fantastic results can be achieved with 3D printing. I am really happy with the result and it looks great in my display room. On to the pictures….
View attachment 263259View attachment 263260View attachment 263261View attachment 263262View attachment 263263View attachment 263264View attachment 263266View attachment 263267
Outstanding work Paul
Congratulations for this beautiful achievement

Very good work and my Congratulations for finishing your "monster"
We can see one wooden ship model kit from china - maybe we can expect this one?

Congratulations Paul. I too have this kit and will start after HMS Unicorn and USS Arizona. Tell me please, where did you get the Atlas figures? Many thanks.

Hi Paul

The ship looks great, as I said a few time during your thread. I have this thread saved. Will help me a lot in the future.

BTW, the mannequin on the last picture is dressed as.... What ?

And the words "Display room" plus that mannequin...... What else do you have there ???

Curiosity is killing me :) :) :)

Cheers Daniel !!!

After 18 months, the monster is finished. Actually I had a great time, the ship went together pretty much without any problems. The material and plans were first rate. The only thing I could fault is the castings as they aren't up to todays standards as fantastic results can be achieved with 3D printing. I am really happy with the result and it looks great in my display room. My more complete build log is here:

On to the pictures….
View attachment 263259View attachment 263260View attachment 263261View attachment 263262View attachment 263263View attachment 263264View attachment 263266View attachment 263267

Hi Paul

The ship looks great, as I said a few time during your thread. I have this thread saved. Will help me a lot in the future.

BTW, the mannequin on the last picture is dressed as.... What ?

And the words "Display room" plus that mannequin...... What else do you have there ???

Curiosity is killing me :) :) :)

Cheers Daniel !!!
Daniel - here are some pics of my display room. The first is the entrance, then clockwise around the room.IMG_2283.jpegIMG_2284.jpegIMG_2285.jpegIMG_2287.jpegIMG_2288.jpegIMG_2289.jpegIMG_2291.jpegIMG_2292.jpegIMG_2293.jpeg

That came out so well , Congratulations. The Soleil Royal is one of my favorite ships. Am tossing up between building the Artesania Latina or ZHL kit. Guess I have been worried about the standard of the Chinese / English translated instructions.

WOW PAUL !!!!!

Somehow I missed this posting answering my request. Fortunately I have seen it now.

WOW WOW WOW That is amazing.

Are those radio equipment working or just for display. Sorry my ignorance on the topic, as I do not understand if they are old/vintage or not.

Congratulations for such a nice room. Amazing !!!

Daniel

Back