Soleil Royal ZHL kit 1:90 Scale [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hello Mike! I am agree with Mike (above comments). Excellent workmanship with precision and accuracy. Not sure how other kit manufactures present this model in their kits, but you did a great job out of yours!!! Thumbsup Do you have any plans for the next project? :cool:

Mike - awesome build - excellent work.
I wonder if ZHL make a Sovereign of the Seas. I'm tempted to build one, but the Sergal kit is apparently filled with casting errors, and other errors - Amati no longer produces one. I'll do some checking. Sure like this example of a great kit.

Did you use kit provided ropes as well? you might have mentioned it and I don't remember?

Regards,
Thank you for the compliment Michael I really appreciate it. I’m happy with how she turned out. The rope and blocks I replaced. I made ropes using Domanoff VR3 and Gutermann Mara threads. I still have much to learn but rigging was very enjoyable.

ZHL had a very nice Sovereign kit, I emailed Max about it and he said the kit had been discontinued. I too would like to build one.

Hello Mike! I am agree with Mike (above comments). Excellent workmanship with precision and accuracy. Not sure how other kit manufactures present this model in their kits, but you did a great job out of yours!!! Thumbsup Do you have any plans for the next project? :cool:
Hi Jim thanks for the nice words.
Funny you ask about my next project because it unexpectedly showed up on my door step today. I just ordered it last week. Im going to build CAF La Salamandre. I also ordered the monograph from Ancre, hopefully it arrives soon.
Build log coming soon!;)

Funny you ask about my next project because it unexpectedly showed up on my door step today. I just ordered it last week. Im going to build CAF La Salamandre. I also ordered the monograph from Ancre, hopefully it arrives soon.
Build log coming soon!;)
WOW! This is the great kit, and I am sure will be a great model!! We all will wait for your build log to start!

Too bad about ZHL no longer producing the SOS - oh well. After reading Nigel's SOS log and many comments about all the SOS kit issues - I've lost some of my enthusiasm about building that one - I try to bash all of my work - but with regard to SOS I just will never be up to sculpting all of the so many needed bits (it would be a disaster) - so not sure any more - You've seen the Janos example so stunning!!! So - Kinda tempted to order the one you just completed Hmmm?
Look forward to your next build log. That CAF kit looks to be awesome!
Hi Mike...It took me a while to figure out what kit our forum produces until finally got it, you are talking about HMS Sovereign of the Seas kit. Funny!!!

Hello Mike! Congrats on your big accomplishment!! We have enjoyed the build journey while you have built her Thumbs-Up You might be sorry for the poor pictures and we are (The SOSes) kinda OK, but... masterly made Soleil Royal doesn't deserve it. We are hoping that soon when you admit to the completed build section, you provide us with more pictures and more details of finished SR. ;)

Congratulations on the completion of your build, Mike! I will also wait with bated breath on you starting La Salamandre.

To all, Thank You so much for all the likes and compliments on my build. All along the way getting advice and encouragement giving me the drive to complete this project. I hope members can see what you can expect from this kit out of the box, only changing the blocks and rope. This build has given me the confidence to step up and put more effort into research and make changes to models making them more accurate. There are so many resources on this forum to help achieve this goal but the biggest resource is its members!
Again thank you! Now it’s on to Salamandre.

Back