Book review Sovereign of the Seas 1637-John McKay

Michael
Here is the link but sadly out of stock currently as with most things at the moment

Kind Regards

Nigel

You could also find a local laser cutter who could do the work. It will be a little more expensive because the cost lies in setting up the machine with the pattern, not the cutting.

Being new to ShipsofScale, I subscribed a few days ago, and it immediately pay's out. The built of my 'Sergal Sovereign of the Seas' is pretty much halfway and I was really worried how to continue with the sails and rigging. John McKay's book about the Sovereign of the Seas 1637 seems to tell it all. I'm a happy man!
Sovereign Bakboord Resized.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

zoly99sask

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Being new to ShipsofScale, I subscribed a few days ago, and it immediately pay's out. The built of my 'Sergal Sovereign of the Seas' is pretty much halfway and I was really worried how to continue with the sails and rigging. John McKay's book about the Sovereign of the Seas 1637 seems to tell it all. I'm a happy man! View attachment 165608
We would like to see your SOS in build log

Uwek

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Being new to ShipsofScale, I subscribed a few days ago, and it immediately pay's out. The built of my 'Sergal Sovereign of the Seas' is pretty much halfway and I was really worried how to continue with the sails and rigging. John McKay's book about the Sovereign of the Seas 1637 seems to tell it all. I'm a happy man! View attachment 165608
Hallo and a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
We are very happy, that our forum was already helping you giving hints and tips.
Your model is looking very good - so we would like to ask you to show us your model in a building log - you can also start directly from the actual status - Would be great

Uwek

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Being new to ShipsofScale, I subscribed a few days ago, and it immediately pay's out. The built of my 'Sergal Sovereign of the Seas' is pretty much halfway and I was really worried how to continue with the sails and rigging. John McKay's book about the Sovereign of the Seas 1637 seems to tell it all. I'm a happy man!
View attachment 165608
Hallo @JanVolante ,
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Hope to see your model more in detail - looking very good

Maarten I looked at the transom in the Lely portrait,the planking lines are in an arc,if the transom was flat,these would be straight in a diagonal fashion.That is how I reached the decision.

Kind Regards

Nigel
That is the same reason that I opted for the ‘round tuck’ on my SOS. There is definately a curvature to the planks in the Lely Portrait. Below is my version of the round tuck.

1616261838628.jpeg

Regards,
Bill

Last edited: