St. Gabriel Master Korabel 1:72 scale

It's been a while since I posted something on this build. I have now sold my house and I am in the process of buying a new house. We are only moving about 1 mile to another part of the village but I've been busy getting another mortgage sorted out and dealing with a Solicitor to get the legal stuff dealt with. It means I've not had any time to do any modelling. I still have a little bit of the Hull to smooth down and I'm going to fit a few planking off cuts to the Hull to fill in the gaps, but I went ahead and fitted the "false" Decks. These were difficault to get fitted due to the tops of the Bulkheads curving inwards at the top. I broke a couple of small edges off of the Decks which I'll glue back on, but they will be covered by the proper Decks later.

StGabE5.jpg
StGabE6.jpg
StGabE7.jpg

At the moment I am not able to give this build my full attention and I don't want to rush it and ruin it. I am heading to the south of England next week to spend Christmas at my Parent's house and that will mean a 3 hour ferry crossing and a 10 hour overnight drive from Scotland down to the South Coast of England. I am going to put this build on hold until I get settled into my new house which hopefully will be early February. Thanks for all your support and have a good Christmas and New Year,

Cheers Andy

It's been a while since I posted something on this build. I have now sold my house and I am in the process of buying a new house. We are only moving about 1 mile to another part of the village but I've been busy getting another mortgage sorted out and dealing with a Solicitor to get the legal stuff dealt with. It means I've not had any time to do any modelling. I still have a little bit of the Hull to smooth down and I'm going to fit a few planking off cuts to the Hull to fill in the gaps, but I went ahead and fitted the "false" Decks. These were difficault to get fitted due to the tops of the Bulkheads curving inwards at the top. I broke a couple of small edges off of the Decks which I'll glue back on, but they will be covered by the proper Decks later.

View attachment 67430
View attachment 67431
View attachment 67432

At the moment I am not able to give this build my full attention and I don't want to rush it and ruin it. I am heading to the south of England next week to spend Christmas at my Parent's house and that will mean a 3 hour ferry crossing and a 10 hour overnight drive from Scotland down to the South Coast of England. I am going to put this build on hold until I get settled into my new house which hopefully will be early February. Thanks for all your support and have a good Christmas and New Year,

Cheers Andy

You can see the precision in the kit design with the way everything fits so perfectly. Times like this a wee bit of fudge room would have been nice but as you say, it'l be hidden anyway. Nothing you can't fix in a minute or two :) Andy, enjoy your Christmas and family and have a wonderful New Year!

Ron

Back