Statenjacht PEGASUS circa 1700 [COMPLETED BUILD]

Look at you go Daniel! You'll be counted among the masters in no time!

One concern - one of the doors now leads to a groin smashing railing???

I was expecting that comment. Well, this kit isn't perfect, neither the builder. Plus a floor section is missed and I wanted to add an extra handrail.

On this fantasy ship that door open to outside. Beside, in today's regulación, doors need to open to outside :).

Then the passengers place their feet over the missing floor and pass against the handrail and the vertical door beam.

Or.....they use the other door ...HAHAHAHA

Statenjacht Utrech staircase picture below (remember that this one is the PEGASUS) using in part the Utrech plans. But the plans do not fit 100% on this kit design. That's why most do not built the staircase (only the Russian modeler and myself) or they do a straight stair (Chinese modeler). All others they just planked the deck.

20180805_112459.jpg

Cheers
Daniel

I was expecting that comment. Well, this kit isn't perfect, neither the builder. Plus a floor section is missed and I wanted to add an extra handrail.

On this fantasy ship that door open to outside. Beside, in today's regulación, doors need to open to outside :).

Then the passengers place their feet over the missing floor and pass against the handrail and the vertical door beam.

Or.....they use the other door ...HAHAHAHA

Statenjacht Utrech staircase picture below (remember that this one is the PEGASUS) using in part the Utrech plans. But the plans do not fit 100% on this kit design. That's why most do not built the staircase (only the Russian modeler and myself) or they do a straight stair (Chinese modeler). All others they just planked the deck.

View attachment 219780

Cheers
Daniel
If I worked/lived on that ship I'd fall down the stairs on a weekly basis. Yikes!

As an example of how the stern cabin can be finished, see below pictures.

These are all excellent Pegasus done by very good modelers. You will see how different they are.

@Jeronimo

Is the one I like most:

Screenshot_20210311-143005_Gallery.jpg

Russian modeler with circular staircase

Screenshot_20210311-143309_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210311-145341_Gallery.jpg

Chinese modeler with straight staircase

Screenshot_20210311-143057_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210311-143113_Gallery.jpg

Unknown Country modelers

Screenshot_20210311-143216_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210311-143407_Gallery.jpg
The last one just covered it all.

As you can see Paul, they are all beautiful models. Just each modeler added or finished differently.

Cheers
Daniel

Look at you go Daniel! You'll be counted among the masters in no time!

One concern - one of the doors now leads to a groin smashing railing???

Hey Paul.... no one saw that I forgot to add the circular staircase column. I had it cut. I was able to glued from the roof with a long plier :)

Unfortunately this is the only picture I have an angle to show it....

20210311_152740.jpg

Murphy law.... when you think it's done and all is glued....something was missing. :) :)

Please, explain this one. I do not understand the joke.
Old Confucius joke...
Man who goes through airport turnstile sideways, going to Bangkok! ;)

A few more:
Man who run behind car, gets exhausted!
Man who run in front of car, gets tired!
Man who stand on toilet, high on pot!

There is more, but I will spare you...lol ;)

Last edited:
I'm looking at this pictures over and over again and I'm in awe. Those apparently working hinges on companionway are so nice and in scale. Were they part of the kit?

I'm looking at this pictures over and over again and I'm in awe. Those apparently working hinges on companionway are so nice and in scale. Were they part of the kit?

No.... not from the kit. They were used by the Russian Modeler on his Pegasus. He posted the picture.

Beside I saw in my previous pictures that 1 hinge was higher than the other. So I unglued it and corrected the issue. Before I would never do that, but knowing that you were watching the pictures in detail and knowing that you do a perfectly clean and detailed job..... I can't leave it in that way. HAHAHAHA :)

Here you go...hinges came from Russia. (2 months waiting the shipment but they arrived)

20210313_160940.jpg20210313_161038.jpg20210313_161050.jpg

Cheers
Daniel

Last edited:

Here is the link to the Russian Model Shop

My thread when I was looking for it with more info.

Thread 'Do you know where to buy this...... ?' https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/threads/do-you-know-where-to-buy-this.6210/

Tonight I carved the Dolphins. They do not come with this model. They are in the Statenjacht Utrecht. And I loved when I saw their pictures. Of course, the carvings are far away from the originals. But , they are Dolphins, and that is want I wanted. :) Or I try to see them as Dolphins.... HAHAHAHA :)

First time in my life I carved something!!!! ... LOVE THEM

20210315_215025.jpg

They go here

20210315_215831.jpg

That section isn't finished yet. So I took these pictures to see how they will look.

20210315_215609.jpg20210315_215733.jpg

Cheers
Daniel

Daniel the Pegasus is looking great and I am also in love with your Dolphins. They seem like very friendly fellows and happy to be onboard the Pegasus. Congratulations on your first attempt at carving. ROTF

These dolphins look like a whale and are much to big even on this scale.
Karl

Hi Jeronimo.... thank you for stopping by and your very funny comment. You are correct, they don't look like dolphins, but neither like Whales too, because they have tails as "Fish". But, mine are mammals, because they do not have Gills. Bottom line my carved figures are hybrids. :)

Another fellow modeler, with whom I have a lot of fun everyday, told me they look like sperm. We had a lot of fun with his comment. I answered him : YES.... they look like "Sperm Whales" . HAHAHAHA :)

Back to the topic, they are in scale.... well almost :). Just a couple of millimeters bigger that the drawing in 1:50 scale.

Screenshot_20210316-063915_Message+.jpgScreenshot_20210316-063954_Message+.jpg

Below are carvings made by other modelers who have done an excellent job on their Pegasus.

Screenshot_20210316-005802_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210316-010444_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210316-010518_Gallery.jpg

The best carved Dolphin is the first one. The second one is from the Russian modeler. His Pegasus is something fantastic. He was the only who did a circular staircase and and incredible interior job as well as very well done the deck details.

I consider my "Sperm Whales" a quality job in between those 2 modelers.

This is the one on the real Utrecht. Not a Dolphin or a Whale and is pretty big.

Screenshot_20210316-010754_Gallery.jpg

They all have their tails as Whales and dolphins.

Jeronimo.... you did the below job That is very elegant and goes very well with the stile you gave to your Pegasus. But I want the ship to have something carved by my hands, of course, if it looks good and not a piece of garbish.

So far I like my hybrids "mammals/fish" and they fit very well in size.

I will try another version. With the correct tail and in the position they have it in the Utrecht.

Jeronimo...you wrote me once. "We built model ships to have fun". And I am having a LOT OF FUN.

Screenshot_20210316-011057_Gallery.jpg

All the best
Daniel

Last edited:
Daniel the Pegasus is looking great and I am also in love with your Dolphins. They seem like very friendly fellows and happy to be onboard the Pegasus. Congratulations on your first attempt at carving. ROTF

Thank you Heinrich. I am too in love with them. I will see if I can modify the tail and do it more like the original posted above. Now that I got the feeling on how to do it, I will try it.

I had a LOT OF FUN carving my Dolphin/Fish/Whale figures.

The feeling of being able to do such a very simple carving job and see it done provided me with a lot of happiness and energy to continue.

For the "carving experience modelers" they will probably look like a piece to be trashed. And I agree, they are far away from professional jobs. For me they look like something amazing. And is what I most value of these carvings. " THE HAPPINESS " I had when I saw them finished and placed on the Pegasus.

Cheers
Daniel

Back