Steam boat in 1:24 from Russian mfg Piroscaf [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hi cols,
Decided to have a small rest from my Salamander and started a new project.
This is a new manufacturer from Russia - Piroscaf and their first model.
The 28 feet steam boat as of 1876. Probably the boat was based on the Russian cruiser "Genaral - admiral".
Chosed this small project due to several reasons: it is dated as a birth year of my beloved grand grandpa, who was a sailor on Koreets in russian-japanese war and participated in Chemulpo battle alongside with Varyag.
Then, the scale: 1:24. A chance to make it maximum detailed.
And the last, but not least- have a dream to build something in Russian palace style (polished wood and polished brass and steel).

Now the hull is almost completed, adding some pics)))
Stay tuned)))

20200502_132740.jpg20200502_212429.jpg20200506_101503.jpg20200507_175827.jpg20200509_181128.jpgIMG_20200522_102531_974.jpg20200523_135242.jpgIMG_20200523_094817_805.jpg20200523_135316.jpgIMG_20200522_180240_070.jpg

YEP JIM A NICE ONE, HAVING A BIT OF A PROBLEM FINDING THE RIGHT MODEL ON HIS WEB PAGE, IT IS INTERESTING, also having problems regestering as it asks for phone No. for code as my hearing is QUITE BAD I DO NOT HAVE A PHONE ONLY FOR EMERGECIES, I RECEIVE MESSAGES FROM MY DAUGHTERS . GOD BLESS STAY SAFE Don

YEP JIM A NICE ONE, HAVING A BIT OF A PROBLEM FINDING THE RIGHT MODEL ON HIS WEB PAGE, IT IS INTERESTING, also having problems regestering as it asks for phone No. for code as my hearing is QUITE BAD I DO NOT HAVE A PHONE ONLY FOR EMERGECIES, I RECEIVE MESSAGES FROM MY DAUGHTERS . GOD BLESS STAY SAFE Don
The guys from Piroscaf know this problem. At the moment they are on the VK only (Russian social media like FB).
Now they are preparing a website.

They are on Russian shipmodeling forums like shipmodeling.ru and modelsworld.ru too.

They sent me the links:

@Koreets Sorry to highjack your thread...

Well..to those who like this model, (I personally like it already), there is a very similar model kit made by Master Korabel. It is built based on the same steamboat of Wyte system The link below will show the youtube video of this kit. I made the model of this kit. Very good.

@Koreets Sorry to highjack your thread...

Well..to those who like this model, (I personally like it already), there is a very similar model kit made by Master Korabel. It is built based on the same stream boat of Wyte system The link below will show the youtube video of this kit. I made the model of this kit. Very good.

There is one little difference- a scale)))
Dagmar is in 1:48.
This one is in 1:24.

Detailing level is very high.

Hello Koreets
How much is the kit?
I cannot found the price on the vk
My son is mad about a bad designed Mayfower kit beginned and more sanded than in written in booklet.
I work now one steam pinnace of my design so no one to blame here
Daniel

Hello Koreets
How much is the kit?
I cannot found the price on the vk
My son is mad about a bad designed Mayfower kit beginned and more sanded than in written in booklet.
I work now one steam pinnace of my design so no one to blame here
Daniel
Hi Daniel,
In Russian currency it is14.700 roubles, approximately $200.
Worth every penny so far.

Back