Steam boat in 1:24 from Russian mfg Piroscaf [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hi Koreets,
I would choose the one on the left to start with. One method that I have used a long time ago in an age before personal computers, to reduce the size of an image is buy photographically reducing it, for example if the printed image was 37mm in diameter and you want 3.7mm diameter there is a ratio of 10 to 1. If you mark out an area that is 10 times the size of the sheet you printed the image on then take a photo using the marked out boarder as a guide for your camera view finder boarder. I don't know if reducing your manometer or what I would call a pressure gauge in this manner would end up with a readable image. Another option is to reduce the image in a program like photo shop, I don't know how that would be done, or if you have a CAD program you may be able to import the image and reduce it, or draw a new one possibly simplifying the image to be more readable. Another option might be using a good photo copier or scanner to re-scale the object.
3.7mm diameter is quite small to get a readable face in my opinion, I think it will require quite a high resolution printer to acheave a high quality image.
I hope this helps, looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
Cheers,
Stephen.

Hi Koreets,
I would choose the one on the left to start with. One method that I have used a long time ago in an age before personal computers, to reduce the size of an image is buy photographically reducing it, for example if the printed image was 37mm in diameter and you want 3.7mm diameter there is a ratio of 10 to 1. If you mark out an area that is 10 times the size of the sheet you printed the image on then take a photo using the marked out boarder as a guide for your camera view finder boarder. I don't know if reducing your manometer or what I would call a pressure gauge in this manner would end up with a readable image. Another option is to reduce the image in a program like photo shop, I don't know how that would be done, or if you have a CAD program you may be able to import the image and reduce it, or draw a new one possibly simplifying the image to be more readable. Another option might be using a good photo copier or scanner to re-scale the object.
3.7mm diameter is quite small to get a readable face in my opinion, I think it will require quite a high resolution printer to acheave a high quality image.
I hope this helps, looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
Cheers,
Stephen.
Thanks a lot, Stephen!
I do not have access to the professional printers/scanners at the moment, will try to play with the adjustments on my home devices))).
Surely will show the results)

[QUOTE = "Джимский, должность: 104312, участник: 5832»] ... есть очень похожий модельный комплект, изготовленный Мастером Корабелем ... [/ QUOTE]
"Дагмар" делает не "Мастер-Корабел". Есть "Фальконет". Торгует он через свой инет-магазин "Лавка Корабела".

Last edited:
[QUOTE = "Джимский, должность: 104312, участник: 5832»] ... есть очень похожий модельный комплект, изготовленный Мастером Корабелем ... [/ QUOTE]
"Дагмар" делает не "Мастер-Корабел". Есть "Фальконет". Торгует он через свой инет-магазин "Лавка Корабела".
Two points make a great difference:
1. Scale (Dagmar is in 1:48)
Thus
2. Level of detailing.
I was about to start the Dagmar, but this kit appeared on the market. The choice is obvious.

Hi Koreets,
Great looking home made fittings once again. I couldn't make out quite what the first 2 photos are of but it looks nicely made. Your pressure gauge dial looks great, I would probably need my Optivisors on to read it. Your sight gauge with isolating and drain cocks (taps) looks great as well. Keep up the great work.
Cheers,
Stephen.

Back