Crafty Sailor Store News

Hello all!
In this thread I will be posting news and updates about Crafty Sailor Model Store.

We are going to start selling ropes made by a Russian master modeller Alexey Vikulaev from Mini Shipyard (English version) sometime in late September. He makes his ropes from E-121 Gutermann threads. We will offer two colors: tan for running rigging (3-stranded right handed) and black (3-stranded left handed) for standing rigging. We are planning to carry the following diameters: .25mm, .35mm, .45mm, .5mm, .6mm, .65mm, .7mm, .8mm, .9mm. More sizes will come later. Each spool is 6.5 meters long. All labels will be in English.

If you are interested in any particular size, please let us know and we'll make sure that we'll have it available!

View attachment 176882View attachment 176883View attachment 176884View attachment 176885View attachment 176886
wow !!!

They are in stock now, check them out:

These blocks are really of highest quality - very very good

Great to see another addition Egor they look great. I got my MK boat kit, the Maris Stella Bracera, and all the fittings I ordered really quickly btw. I meant to email you a thank you but take this as one. To anyone looking for kits and fittings that are hard to find in North America check out Crafty Sailor!!! So glad to have you on this side of the pond ;) Cheers ~

Great to see another addition Egor they look great. I got my MK boat kit, the Maris Stella Bracera, and all the fittings I ordered really quickly btw. I meant to email you a thank you but take this as one. To anyone looking for kits and fittings that are hard to find in North America check out Crafty Sailor!!! So glad to have you on this side of the pond ;) Cheers ~
Hi NovaStorm,
It makes me very happy that you are enjoying the kit! Thank you for all your kind words! Glad to be of service. :)

Hello everyone!
One thing I really hate in kit building is making thimbles from photoetched brass (you know which manufacturer I'm talking about :). I have never been able to make a good one, the halves never stick together and it is impossible to blacken afterwards. Now nobody has to deal with this nightmare anymore as we have several sizes of high quality machined thimbles for sale (the pictures are clickable and link to the store page):
thimbles_1500x1000.jpg
thimbles2_1500x1000.jpg

Black Friday Sale!​

We have all ship kits, sails and boats on sale!​

The sale is on until midnight Monday November 28th. As always, all orders of $150 or more are shipped for free to the US or Canada!

Here are the highlights:
HMS Flirt 1:64
HMS "Flirt" 1:64
was $389.99, now $311.99

HMS Speedy 1:64
HMS "Speedy" 1:64
was $389.99, now $311.99
Fifie Lady Eleanor 1:64
Fifie "Lady Eleanor" 1:64
was $199.99, now $158.99
Tender Avos 1:72
Tender "Avos" 1:72
was $199.99, now $159.99
Secret Vessel Morel 1:36
Secret Vessel "Morel" 1:36
was $124.99, now $62.99
Imperial steamboat Dagmar 1:48
Imperial steamboat "Dagmar" 1:48
was $99.99, now $79.99
Cannon Jolle 1:72
Cannon Jolle 1:72
was $99.99, now $79.99
9th century Slavic longship 1:72
9th century Slavic longship 1:72
was $69.99, now $56.99

Thanks for the news however I have been waiting for the HMS Sphinx for over six months to be available on your sight and you have had "Coming soon" on its photo for a long time. Please define "Coming soon" for me.

Reg

@RegG , I'm sorry about the confusion. We have been looking into making the Sphynx kit available on Craftysailor. However, the problem with this kit is that it's retail value is larger than 800USD which means that we can't ship them to the US, so that makes it unavailable to 90% of our customers. I'm still trying to figure out how to change "Coming Soon" to "Special order/ Canada only".

What I can do though, is I can get to Canadian customers as a special order. I will need a full pre-payment and it will probably take 2-3 weeks to arrive (subject to holiday mail delays). Please let me know if you are interested and I will create a pre-order invoice for you.

Ahoy, shipbuilders! It's time to set sail on our first big sale for fittings! We're excited to offer you progressive discounts on all fittings, so the more you spend, the more you save.

- Spend $50 or more on fittings and you'll get a 10% discount.
- Spend $100 or more and you'll receive a 20% discount.
- And if you spend $150 or more, you'll get a whopping 30% discount!

Stock up on your blocks, belaying pins and other fittings while supplies last and make sure to take advantage of this sale before it ends. Happy building!

The discount is applied automatically at the checkout. As always, all orders of $150 or more are shipped for free to the US or Canada!

Shop Now

Discover Black Friday Delights: 50% Off Ship Kits, 30% Off Ropes & Fittings!
Embark on a sea of savings this Black Friday weekend! Unveil the craftsmanship with 50% off all kits and secure your voyage essentials with 30% off on ropes and fittings. The best part? Discounts are automatically applied at checkout. Dive into the deals – your model ship masterpiece awaits!
The sale is on until midnight Monday November 27th. As always, all orders of $150 or more are shipped for free to the US or Canada!

Set sail with savings as we bid adieu! Our store closing sale is underway, offering you 30% off everything storewide until the end of March. Explore our remaining selection of model ship ropes and fittings, each at an unbeatable discount. Whether you're a seasoned sailor or a budding enthusiast, now is the time to stock up on essentials for your next maritime masterpiece. Don't miss out on this final chance to secure top-quality products at incredible prices. Anchor your savings before we sail into the sunset!
Fittings
Ropes
Tools

Back