A nice progress, Daniel. Sanding the hull was no punishment for me. Wonderful to feel and see the flowing shape under your fingers is growing. And with the installing of the bearing beam for the lower floor, you feel the frames and the full hull gets more and more stiffness. The nailing looks also great.Good Sunday afternoon to all.
Finally finished my map project and am now back to work on the sleek beautiful Blue Nose. I have spent a few hours fairing the hull ribs, actually not near as many hours as I was anticipating. The interior fairing was made simple by covering some old flexible sanding sticks with some 220 and 320 grit paper plus a handle I made on it.
View attachment 372129View attachment 372130
Next are a few pics of the upper deck support whalers and the hardware I fabricated to hold everything in place. Once all four runners were glued in, I removed the thin spacers you see which will be installed permanently later on in the build.
View attachment 372131View attachment 372132View attachment 372133
Next you will see the first half of the lower deck whaler beam support piece installed. Once I finish the other side and install the two sister keelsons, I'll go ahead, and clear coat mixed with a little stain everything before going any further.
View attachment 372135View attachment 372136View attachment 372137
Before I forget, here is a shot of the laminated nose piece.
View attachment 372141
That all for now, hope you all enjoy and happy modeling!