The Schooner Bluenose 1921, POF Yuanqing Models 1:72 [COMPLETED BUILD]

Good morning all,
I finally finished the off-ship sanding of the ribs and now able to cut loose on their installation onto the keel. I set up a string line down the center of the jig and placed the set up frames #1 and #49 to start. You can see the attempt I made to plumb up and stabilize the keel for further frame placement.

IMG_2451.jpgIMG_2456.jpgIMG_2457.jpg

I found that chamfering the ends of the frame extensions allows for fairly easy tilt-up placement without having to use too much force.

IMG_2454.jpgIMG_2455.jpg

I hope you all enjoy this, thanks for checking in.

Exciting Daniel! Is this a test fit or are you gluing the frames in place?

I'm presently in model-builder 'lock' - for the life of me I can't figure out how to get all the transom pieces joined to the sternpost and aft frame at the same time while keeping everything level and joined tightly. I should have tried the BN first!

Good morning all,
I finally finished the off-ship sanding of the ribs and now able to cut loose on their installation onto the keel. I set up a string line down the center of the jig and placed the set up frames #1 and #49 to start. You can see the attempt I made to plumb up and stabilize the keel for further frame placement.

View attachment 367450View attachment 367451View attachment 367452

I found that chamfering the ends of the frame extensions allows for fairly easy tilt-up placement without having to use too much force.

View attachment 367453View attachment 367454

Excellent! Looks like you have a good start on the frame and keel assembly. Everything looks very good! ;)

Exciting Daniel! Is this a test fit or are you gluing the frames in place?

I'm presently in model-builder 'lock' - for the life of me I can't figure out how to get all the transom pieces joined to the sternpost and aft frame at the same time while keeping everything level and joined tightly. I should have tried the BN first!
Hi Paul, this is glue-up now. I actually did a test fit of all the frames, some of the slots were a very tight fit so I sanded them to a comfortable push fit. This procedure was time consuming but very necessary as you have to glue and join each frame in three locations simultaneously. I wish I could help you with your required multi location simultaneous glue up. I'm clearly operation at the edge of my current ability.

Good morning all,

I like that chamfering you do, it sure must ease installation of the frames.
You only have to make sure the frames fit in the tool without play.
Thumbsup

Good morning all,

A good start, Daniel. Soon the first (small) Cathedral-view …….. ;). Always good to check the symmetric and alignment with that.
Regards, Peter

You're not only building but innovating with that idea of chamfering the ends of the frame. Just great! I love these little details of attention during the build.

Peter

Good morning once again everyone. Peter @Peter Voogt reminded me to take a look at the cathedral effect. To my eye I would say the alignments created are within an acceptable tolerance. This is about a third of the frames installed so hopefully this trend continues. Check it out.

IMG_2460.jpgIMG_2464.jpgIMG_2461.jpg

More to follow.

Good morning once again everyone. Peter @Peter Voogt reminded me to take a look at the cathedral effect. To my eye I would say the alignments created are within an acceptable tolerance. This is about a third of the frames installed so hopefully this trend continues. Check it out.

View attachment 367647View attachment 367648View attachment 367649

More to follow.
Good evening Daniel. That is such a captivating pic, the cathedral view. To my uneducated POF eye it looks perfect. Reminds me of one of Paul’s @dockattner classic phrases “it no accident they/it fits perfectly “. Certainly applies to your craft so far. Nice. Cheers Grant

Back