Titanic Lifeboat [COMPLETED BUILD}

Floor and deck completed, except central bases (26) and drawer covers. Need a little sanding and filling. I made a jig to curve the gunwale covers as seen in picture.

I found that an additional 1,5 x 2 mm walnut sticks need to be glued to inside of both gunwale covers (29 - 30) to cover curves (27) and stanchions (28). I cut two 1,5 x 2 mm strips from spare walnut sticks. Next step will be gluing these sticks.
IMG_20210628_170542_HDR_copy_1633x864.jpgIMG_20210703_191025_HDR_copy_1600x862.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Roger.

By the way, other than Revell Plasto, I filled small imperfections with cellulosic glue. Cellulosic glue hardens without any elasticity like as Plasto and can be sanded easily.

G'day Levent, as @Jimsky would say,

Wow, wow and wow,

she is looking really good, nice crisp and clean work, a really nice build, with lots of info and details,
Best regards John,

She looks lovely Levent and very neatly executed. The wooden finish of the interior contrast very effectively to the painted white hull which displays her lines very well. I just love these smaller boats and yours is one of the best. You can be very proud of yourself!

Back