track layout

For something a little different...my HO slot car layout on a 8ft x 4 ft table I built. I never finished, as the admiral said it took up too much room ...sigh!
I built the stands and pit row, etc. and was starting to put up railings, trees, bushes, track signs, marshal stands, etc.

ztrack-003.jpgztrack-004.jpgztrack-006.jpgz-track-build05.jpgzz-03.jpgzz-04.jpg

Last edited:
Ha, that brings back memories!
The race cars of my childhood.
I had a Matchbox track, with a coil spring running inside the rails and glue pins on the bottom plate of the Matchbox cars.
Then later a small Carrera track.
They are even better now! They make digital now with lane changing. Even analog has the ability to use software to display the laps and race stats, etc. You have to pit for gas and tires, etc. and you can set race variables. ;)

Thank you for your post, memories of a lot of fun . I had Carrera also but with analog controls. There were two sets of cross over tracks and two squeeze tracks on our layout. One set just before a high bank curve and the other sets on a long straight section. Those made for some very interesting races. A old ping pong table provided the base.

Jan

Dean, the best forum for slot car racing is "Slotcarilustrated". I stop posting ~5 years ago because I haven't been active with my track. No time and family members to play with it. The pictures and video are from today. But the track has been unused for many years. Nevertheless all works.

Look for postings by "slotcardaniel". That's me. Mainly posting at the Carrera Forum.

Cheers
Daniel

That is a very nice setup Daniel! Wish I could race on it. ;)
I think half the fun is designing and setting up the track and scenery!

Dean , thank you !!

As this is a model ship building forum this will be my last posting here. I just do not want to abuse.

It was a long time, more than a year, that I didn't plug the track. So I couldn't avoid showing you how it looks for night racing.

Of course you will see some soft lights showing the shelf with cars and trophies. I left those to avoid anyone could have an injury. The track light alone wasn't enought for all the movements and running to place the cars again it the track.

It was a lot of fun. The cars have lights. You can add them too. Plus, on the Carrera Digital tracks, you can run up to 6 cars in 2 lanes. There are overpasses places where the lanes go to 3 and you can pass a car.

Lots of nice memories. At the Slot Car Clubs, on my 30ths I was racing with a team. One takes care of car chassis, another of motor and tires. I was driving only, but in the long races (12 hours non stop) we all were drivers. It was a lot of money to race professionally , at least in Argentina that all was imported. After a few years, with the kids very small, I needed to stop. Not only money, also time was an issue. I was expending almost all weekend at the club and weeknights too. The tracks are incredible big and complicated and you need to setup all your cars parts for the Saturdays/Sunday nights.

In the picture I am the guy in white at the right. Soo young. That was the end of a full year Championship. 2 categories. That's why 2 big trophies.

Cheers
Daniel

20210418_143843.jpg

Thanks for the reply and pictures.
It may be a model ship building forum, but this section is for anything. There are airplanes, cars, motorcycles, wagons, tanks, etc. ;)
I was mainly showing the stuff that I scratch built for my track layout.

Thanks for the reply and pictures.
It may be a model ship building forum, but this section is for anything. There are airplanes, cars, motorcycles, wagons, tanks, etc. ;)
I was mainly showing the stuff that I scratch built for my track layout.

Oh... I didn't pay attention to the forum topic. Great, now I feel better.

Daniel

Fantastic collection that is waiting for a new racing season to take the line!!! Very cleanly done in your typical manner. I wonder how we can simulate schooner races??? Rich

Back