Trumpeter 1/200 Titanic from Liebre

Thanks for the message Winnie,

Nice to hear that posting a photo provides inspiration.

The color of the torso in the photo does not quite match the one I have here on the workbench.

This looks more pink in live situations, and more in the evening. towards the red

This also applies to the photos of the lighting, which appear very orange/yellow, rather than reality.

Regards
Henk

I missed the start of your new build-log, Henk. But today I have seen your Titanic in real life, together with Johan and your Admirals.
What a impressive job you have done till now. That light-plan with all the lights and fibers, just a big WOW. And of course the paint-job. You are a master of the paint-brush.
I have sat my chair and will follow this build from now on.
Regards, Peter

Despite being a new ship, it is realistically affected by the polluted air in Belfast and Southampton at the time, and the fact that the Titanic was a coal-powered machine, which produced a lot of soot, both during the loading of coal into the ship as during the operation from the funnels, I apply a small effect with weathering.

The windows come from Scalewarship.com, by drilling manual 3.2 mm holes they fit seamlessly, here again some windows are shuttered and some small LED lighting installed for a subtle lighting

I did not follow the Trumpeter construction plan as indicated in the kit manual, but started with the Superstructure.

The reason for this:
1 I want to apply the lighting deck by deck
2 The B deck is long and does not fit, after much fitting and measuring, I I sawed the deck and shortened it by 3.2 mm (which is quite a lot on this scale).

On the Facebook page of Gene Davis, Trumpeter TITANIC 1/200th model ONLY building tips and tricks, (not a friendly environment by the way) it appears that some molds are wrong have been delivered with the wrong decks in the past, so wait and see which version you have, which cannot be seen anywhere else

Ragards Henk
S1 (1).JPGS1 (2).JPG

Despite being a new ship, it is realistically affected by the polluted air in Belfast and Southampton at the time, and the fact that the Titanic was a coal-powered machine, which produced a lot of soot, both during the loading of coal into the ship as during the operation from the funnels, I apply a small effect with weathering.

The windows come from Scalewarship.com, by drilling manual 3.2 mm holes they fit seamlessly, here again some windows are shuttered and some small LED lighting installed for a subtle lighting

I did not follow the Trumpeter construction plan as indicated in the kit manual, but started with the Superstructure.

The reason for this:
1 I want to apply the lighting deck by deck
2 The B deck is long and does not fit, after much fitting and measuring, I I sawed the deck and shortened it by 3.2 mm (which is quite a lot on this scale).

On the Facebook page of Gene Davis, Trumpeter TITANIC 1/200th model ONLY building tips and tricks, (not a friendly environment by the way) it appears that some molds are wrong have been delivered with the wrong decks in the past, so wait and see which version you have, which cannot be seen anywhere else

Ragards Henk
View attachment 458684View attachment 458685
That's looking very sleek, Henk. With again nice painting. Can't wait to see some pictures of the LED lightning.
Regards, Peter

B deck glued to fix Superstructure

B Deck what :CAFE PARISIEN

IMG_2343.JPG
Later I will add the red carpet, chairs and tables in the same color as in the photo.

Attached is the photo of Titanic Honor and Glory

240935679_1431095310593172_4790862322895170791_n.jpg

Last edited:
Can't wait to see some pictures of the LED lightning.
The wooden decks have been installed, the decks will still be treated to make them darker and more weathered.

In addition, the decks appear a bit spotty in the photos, but that is due to the light

All other decks in the photo are still loose and are being prepared for lighting.
Unfortunately, the photos taken with your phone do not provide nice photos, but here is a selection.

IMG_2285.JPG

IMG_2314.JPG

IMG_2290.JPG

IMG_2313.JPG

IMG_2289.JPG

The wooden decks have been installed, the decks will still be treated to make them darker and more weathered.

In addition, the decks appear a bit spotty in the photos, but that is due to the light

All other decks in the photo are still loose and are being prepared for lighting.
Unfortunately, the photos taken with your phone do not provide nice photos, but here is a selection.

View attachment 458711

View attachment 458713

View attachment 458714

View attachment 458716

View attachment 458717
Beautiful diffused light, Henk. A very special effect!
Regards, Peter

This goes way above my paygrade.
She’s turning into a worthy representation of her full scale sister.

The modifying of kit parts gives me the creeps; there are so many steps involved before you know something went wrong in a previous step…
Is it really the deck being faulty, or is it something else?
You’re a brave man, Henk.

Back