Turbo CAD Deluxe and Pro Platinum Support

I just joined the group yesterday. I like using CAD for design and primarily for accuracy. I have a years of experience with AutoCAD but recently cancelled my subscription to AutoCAD LT and instead now have TurboCAD 2020. I use it for designing projects/furniture to build in my woodshop. I am very interesting in seeing how you might use TurboCAD for model ship building. If I come across and issue, I'll shoot you a message to see what your thoughts are. Always willing to learn new stuff!
Phil (philski)

Phil, You would be supprized at what AutoCAD or other 3D programs can be used for in hobby work.

I do model railroading and there are several 3D CAD programs to help design the benchwork, track layout, scenery and multiple of other items in 3D so you can see all related effects, especially if working in multi layer train layout, to ensure clearance between deck levels.

Thanks! I am proficient with AutoDesk's Fusion 360 too. 3D lets me see and fit pieces. But have not used it on really small scale projects such as ship building.

Well, since Phil did say he now owns TurboCAD 2020, I can help him any way that I can. I have tried making frames using TC 2020 and it is a bit of a challenge. I will have to dig up some drawings I did on some 3D frames to see how I did it. It's been a while.

Here are a few drawings I found where I was experimenting with Bezier by control and Fixed points.

1609309737830.png

1609310052985.png

Last edited:
Here are a few drawings I found where I was experimenting with Bezier by control and Fixed points.

View attachment 202236

View attachment 202238
Donnie, I have started learning Turbocad after learning Fusion 360 and one thing I don't find in Turbo is a way to calibrate a drawing to the right scale. In Fusion I could calibrate the drawing to the right scale by simply using two points, Also Fusion is better to change the dimensions of an object. It allows the dimensions to be changed real easily by just changing the figure. How do you calibrate and change dimensions in Turbocad? I'm using Turbocad 19 2D. I want to get 3D but want to learn 2D first.

Hi Pawley.
ok. Well. This is not readily apparent in TC. I will have to make you a short video on how to do this.
it depends if you are in 2D or 3D mode. The main thing is that the bottom status bar has all the x y dimensions listed. You also have delta x and delta y. It is in this boxes that you make the change. Or if I remember you can grab the sides of the object itself and resize it.
I have an injury back and hip. But I am slowly getting better. I just can’t sit for long time.
so, let me see what instructions I can do for you. Now, the deal is that I have TC platinum and I can’t remember what the deluxe version can or can not do.
Lastly,
I highly suggest you go to this link. I have learned a lot from this guy and his tutorials.
At the top of his page he also has a YouTube channel and has some free tutorials.

Use the SCALE command. In TurboCAD 2020 it is under MODIFY -> TRANSFORM. You can also choose a 2 point scale. Are you trying to scale just an object or a drawing for printing? Moving from Model Space to Paper Space for printing? There are some videos on YouTube also.

Last edited:
Correct. I forgot about the modify > transform > scale
Paper space yes.

Thanks guys for the input. I'm in 2D. I'm doing tutorials while the weather is so cold here in SC. My workshop has a heater but not enough. Should be warm next week. Donnie, hang in there. I've been there and have that T shirt so to speak. I'm on my way to your tutorials and to check out the modify transform.

I just joined the group yesterday. I like using CAD for design and primarily for accuracy. I have a years of experience with AutoCAD but recently cancelled my subscription to AutoCAD LT and instead now have TurboCAD 2020. I use it for designing projects/furniture to build in my woodshop. I am very interesting in seeing how you might use TurboCAD for model ship building. If I come across and issue, I'll shoot you a message to see what your thoughts are. Always willing to learn new stuff!
Phil (philski)
Can you use this for 3-D modeling I have a Crealty? 3-D printer that I need the best and most economical software for so that I can teach myself how to do this modeling.

i suggest sketchup you can get a free version the program is simple and easy to learn with lots of you tube tutorials fusion360 also offers a free hobby version but it has a much steaper lerning curve.

Back