US Brig Syren by Passaro

Spirit Sail lifts and jib guides installed. This finishes up the last of the rigging both standing and running. For these last four bullseyes I used the walnut thimbles I got in the mail from Model Shipways last month. This is how I'll handle thimbles from now on.

l,kjnhbg.jpg
oiuytf.jpg

American Ensign installed. This paper flag was provided with the kit. It's just a mirror image flag printed on ordinary office paper, folded over and glued together with a glue stick. The quality is just fine. I used two sizes of wood dowels to shape it so it looks like the wind is blowing. I had to seize one more 3/64 single block to the gaff, then had a little ceremony raising the flag. And yes I called my family in to the room to witness and salute while the flag was being raised.

The only thing left to do is mount the anchors and anchor buoys that I finished up a couple of weeks ago. I can't believe I'm within an hour or so of being done with this project. Two years, four months to date.

cgh.jpg

Very good work - and the flag is looking very realistic
Congratulations you will receive only after the anchors are installed and you show your beauty really finished.
I would like to see this model also in our Gallery so therefore I make a link also to @Donnie

Very good work - and the flag is looking very realistic
Congratulations you will receive only after the anchors are installed and you show your beauty really finished.
I would like to see this model also in our Gallery so therefore I make a link also to @Donnie

Uwek when I finish the case I'll alert you, I do want the final product in the gallery of ships.

Starboard anchor/anchor buoy and related rigging mounted. It's a multi-step process according to Chuck's practicum. The only thing I'm doing differently will be to hang the port anchor much lower and still connected to the block hanging from the cat's head as if it's halfway from being pulled in.

iouygtfh.jpgcvb.jpgvcgbn.jpgzxcv.jpgiough.jpg

Having just acquired this kit I just love your attention to detail. Only hope I can do half as well.

Thank you Jim. Chuck Passaro's practicum has been invaluable. He also sells blocks and rigging line that I have used almost exclusively, I highly recommend upgrading both.

Back