US Frigate Essex - 1:50 [COMPLETED BUILD]

Uwe, in fact I didn't know the diameter of the holes in full size. I drilled with a 2 mm of drill bit and the scale is 1:50
Understood
2mm in scale 1:50 would be only 10cm in diameter in real - modern toilette seats have an inner hole diameter of 25 to 30 cm.
I guess, that the buttocks were not changing so much over the centuries, I think you can easily drill holes of 4 mm, means double size.
It is only for the comfort of the able seamen ;)

I stopped working on the ship for a while and concentrated on rope making. First of all, I had to see if I could make the rope and decide whether I would make the ship without mast or with a full rigging. I set up a mechanism using the rope making videos I watched on the internet. After about a week of work, I managed to make ropes of acceptable quality. Now I will continue to add rigging equipment to the ship.35.jpg36.jpg37.jpg38.jpg39.jpg40.jpg41.jpg42.jpg43.jpg44.jpg45.jpg46.jpg47.jpg48.jpg

I added four cannons on the quarter deck. Since these guns will be fully visible I added more details to the carriages than what I did for the carriages on the lower deck.
View attachment 232077View attachment 232078View attachment 232079View attachment 232080View attachment 232081

Thank you Uwe.
i have a COMPLEAT drawing AND INSTRUCTION manual about the construction Ropemaking, and then the other important piece -a sensing machine too- with all details
As I have been out some time, I have a small note to Tout Toilets on the Bow. I think Uwek has commented about this - the Hole is far to small. it will be dicult to hit the hole in a moving bow. just a comment

i have a COMPLEAT drawing AND INSTRUCTION manual about the construction Ropemaking, and then the other important piece -a sensing machine too- with all details
As I have been out some time, I have a small note to Tout Toilets on the Bow. I think Uwek has commented about this - the Hole is far to small. it will be dicult to hit the hole in a moving bow. just a comment
Thank you for the comment El Capi. I will enlarge the holes.

I stopped working on the ship for a while and concentrated on rope making. First of all, I had to see if I could make the rope and decide whether I would make the ship without mast or with a full rigging. I set up a mechanism using the rope making videos I watched on the internet. After about a week of work, I managed to make ropes of acceptable quality. Now I will continue to add rigging equipment to the ship.View attachment 237516View attachment 237517View attachment 237518View attachment 237519View attachment 237520View attachment 237521View attachment 237522View attachment 237523View attachment 237524View attachment 237525View attachment 237526View attachment 237527View attachment 237528View attachment 237529
well done Thumbsup Thumbsup

Back