USS Arizona Memorial model - Revell 1/426 USS Arizona, Shapeways Memorial - by SigEp Ziggy

SigEp Ziggy

I ordered the parts (Arizona Memorial building and the moorings) today. Very exciting! I also cut out one of the drawings and compared to the hull and main deck. I drilled a hole where the smoke stack was and started working the turret 3 and 4 barbettes. Please note how much a will have to bow out the bow section.

usn photos 003.jpg

SigEp Ziggy

I have been working on the destruction of the Arizona. I fractured the hull near the bow and placed a sheet of styrene under it to simulate the bow slightly higher, removed the portion that I had marked on the hull halves, cut the main deck, removed the #2 barbette from the secondary deck,Arizona mockup 004.jpg
and placed the turrets. Now to fine tune it all.

rwiederrich

Boy when you put it all partially assembled..it really shows the extent of the damage done that day.......what an explosion, to do so much catastrophic damage.

Great job in handling this.

Rob

Uwek

Admin
Staff member
Administrative
Blandford Group Build

Boy when you put it all partially assembled..it really shows the extent of the damage done that day.......what an explosion, to do so much catastrophic damage.

Great job in handling this.

Rob
It was really an extreme explosion, which was documented at this time by several camera-men documenting the attack

Sorry for this hijacking of your log, but I think these information can be interesting for some of the members following your interesting project.

SigEp Ziggy

I ordered 1/400 scale people from an architectural model company, so I will have visitors on the Memorial.

I have worked on the Arizona wreck, I cut the sides of the hulls and added styrene for the new forward deck. I also started modifying the rear deck. More to follow.

arizona wreck 001.jpg

Last edited: