USS Bonhomme Richard 1/48 Section-Pear version by Larsa

Hi ,you need to hit the to top "Full image" button like on this image below to get full images

64788118_590967378093691_7839943391273025536_n.jpg

Welcome aboard @Larsa, and many thanks for starting a build log. We have a few build logs with the same kit. If you don't mind, please take a look.

From John (@neptune)

From Uwe (@Uwek )

By Carlosys (@carlosys )

Happy modeling

G'day Lara, welcome to the forum, I look forward to seeing your build of the cross section,

Best regards John,

Whats the easyiest/best way to simulate nailholes/plugs in a plank?
Have to find a way! have never build that big scale(1/48) that need it!
It depends on the necessary size of the original nail, treenail or bolt!
So the first question to you: for which element on the section you want to simulate the "nail".

if you are looking for the inside furniture:
These would be only "normal" nails to fix the wooden bord against a smaller pillar - so the head of a used nail would be in reality only maybe 2cm - in scale 1:48 it would be only 0,4mm in diameter.
Because of this very small size I decided in my section only to punch a small hole with a scriber (german: Anreißnadel)
dscn0172-large.jpg

and this is the result:
IMG_5234.JPG

so therefore it is only a small hole, you can see the difference only when you very very close.

If needed you can easily close the hole with some wood paste, like the above mentioned (available in different colors), and can be sanded afterwards flash with the plank

Hallo Larsa,
Can you Show us some Progress on your section? Or is it on hold in Moment ?
Maybe you can Show us some Update.....

Back