USS Bonhomme Richard Unicorn Model 1:48

Hello everyone, here is the beginning of my building log. Sanding the frames took me a lot of time, but I finally finished sanding with 80/100/120 paper. I will continue with the 220 to have a good rendering. However I have a problem, if someone can help me. Should the spacer rods be glued before the keel, and hold the keel in place first? and also how to glue these spacers? thanks in advance. Here are some pictures of the progress
IMG_4216.JPGIMG_4217.JPGIMG_4303.JPGIMG_4321.JPGIMG_4388.JPGIMG_4421.JPGIMG_4422.JPGIMG_4424.JPG

Hi Cedric. I am very glad that you have started this log. I know from experience that Unicorn models are not easy, but they do build into beautifully finished models. It is also great to see some variation with regards to build subject. Thumbsup

Very good to see another Bonhomme Richard in a building log - Great
maybe you would like to take a look at my building log where I showed the order I made it

It can be of some help

Do you mean for the deck planking?
btw: Looking good - you are on a very good way
Yes Uwe, the deck planking is not on the originals plans, i just wanted to know the dimensions of the wooden strips, thank you ;)

Yes Uwe, the deck planking is not on the originals plans, i just wanted to know the dimensions of the wooden strips, thank you ;)
Just checked my photos of my building log and found these two section drawings either

from Jean Boudriot

IMG_39161.jpg

and also from the kit, which is part of the big size drawing

IMG_39251.jpg

Here you can measure the width and thickness of the planking of deck 3

Deck 1 and 2 is more complicated because the width is defined by the the location of the thicker main planks

attached also the drawing set of the upgrade of the inner structure in english language which maybe also helps

Attachments

• Inner structure_Eng.pdf
    717.4 KB · Views: 26
Thank you Uwe Thumbsup so you've mounted the planking of deck 3 with pear ? from the original kit ?

Thank you Uwe Thumbsup so you've mounted the planking of deck 3 with pear ? from the original kit ?
As I remember this was from the strips delivered with the original kit - check the dimensions of the available material

The Orlop deck that you are asking about should have 1.5 x 6 mm planking. This half cross section on the drawings shows planking size for all decks:

1651812000479.png

All the planking should be the pear included with the kit, although my kit did not include enough 3x6 planking for the lower gun deck (Deck2).

Back