USS Constitution, 1:76.8

Uwek,
Plans were purchased from model expo, https://modelexpo-online.com/search.asp?keyword=Plans&search= . Zoly recommended the plans. “Thanks Zoly”!
There are 7 detailed sheets. Lots of study ahead to understand the build.
Looking forward to the process. Also placed the plans on my IPAD so I can review them at leisure.

All,
So far: Paper templates - Materials: Bristol paper, carbon paper, straight edge and French curve required to trace the hull bulkheads. Affixed templates to wood stock with paper stick glue. Cut bulkheads out of 3/16 “ Oak plywood. Used Bristol paper because it adheres better and does not vibrate/flap up and down in the scroll saw.

Going on vacation tomorrow. I Will visit the USS Constitution and take numerous photos. If anyone wants a specific shot or close up for reference, please let me know before Tuesday morning.

“Fair winds”

84706E84-0F32-44EA-8919-71F4A1FEBEFF.jpegC08A7F52-DFE1-4846-B3C5-C39186498DDA.jpeg

Hallo Daniel,

we wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY Birthday-Cake

Celebrate and Enjoy your day

Happy Birthday sir,

I don’t know you but I’m looking forward to watching your build. I have a special place in my heart for this grand ship! I hale (originally) from Rhode Island and I was fortunate enough to lay eyes on the docked version on many occasions.

Good luck!

Happy Birthday sir,

I don’t know you but I’m looking forward to watching your build. I have a special place in my heart for this grand ship! I hale (originally) from Rhode Island and I was fortunate enough to lay eyes on the docked version on many occasions.

Good luck!
I just saw her for the first time today. Only 12 to 15% of the ship is original but still maintained with great care.

BDDC8BAE-E91F-4673-A531-754ECC9F08DD.jpeg52C70B8E-6613-4520-8569-E06C0AAA2FF9.jpeg

Back