USS Constitution 1:76 Scratch

I think the color is distorted and somehow represents 'pinkish'. Just look at the bricks on the apartment building on the back, the bricks are almost the same color (a bit lighter) as the carriage gun. It is hard to believe,it was built using pink bricks, but... it is quite possible. Who knows...
I agree. Why not settle on the color for the gun carriages that suits your taste and sense of believability the best?

I agree. Why not settle on the color for the gun carriages that suits your taste and sense of believability the best?
I'm actually happy with the color, it's not actually pinkish either, it looks a bit like that in the photos. I haven't varnished it yet, I hope it will look different in the photos after varnishing it.
I would like to thank my friends who commented on this subject. I share in detail and with many photos so that I can get more support. I'm trying to do an accurate thing.

When you google pictures with "Uss Constitution gun" you get so much images showing the same gun(s) and hundreds of slightly different colours.
So it depends really on the way the light was when these photos were made.
Sometimes more to red, or orange, or pink.
I think also, that the guns on the open deck can not be the ruling ones - these are after years somehow bleached.
At the end it will be a question of taste, your taste and feeling because you see by yourself the real colour your carriages have.
They are looking good

I'm actually happy with the color, it's not actually pinkish either, it looks a bit like that in the photos. I haven't varnished it yet, I hope it will look different in the photos after varnishing it.
I would like to thank my friends who commented on this subject. I share in detail and with many photos so that I can get more support. I'm trying to do an accurate thing.
Hi mtbediz1, my humble opinion, you have to equip the model according to a time date otherwise you can go into confusion of many realism arguments.Frank

jjjj.jpg

rrr.jpg

Mustafa, great job on the eye bolts. I have been doing a lot of the same thing lately for my Constitution. There is a bit of a learning curve and once you get it figured out production really speeds up. I have several sizes of pliers depending. on what size I need. I have used annealed wire and brass to make my eyebolts. On my needle nose pliers it always seems that one nose is smaller than the other. So, I always mark the nose I am using with a marker so I don't get confused. That way my eyebolts remain the same size.

Mustafa, great job on the eye bolts. I have been doing a lot of the same thing lately for my Constitution. There is a bit of a learning curve and once you get it figured out production really speeds up. I have several sizes of pliers depending. on what size I need. I have used annealed wire and brass to make my eyebolts. On my needle nose pliers it always seems that one nose is smaller than the other. So, I always mark the nose I am using with a marker so I don't get confused. That way my eyebolts remain the same size.
Somebody should do a separate build log on making eyebolts.

Somebody should do a separate build log on making eyebolts.
I made one...LOL, Here is the link

@Kurt Konrath Here is another method, I use mostly in my builds.

@Kurt Konrath Here is another method, I use mostly in my builds.

Thanks for the link, Jim. I have learned something new again. :)

I should be able to make smaller eye bolts, so I need to get a smaller round pliers.

Last edited:
Mustafa, sorry, I now see the photo's of your rigging tool!
Pffff....splendid... I have to learn still so much......
Marc, if you decide to make everything from scratch one day, you will find that you need a lot of tools, and no matter how many tools you have, you will still think that you need to have an another tool too. There is no end to this. :)

This is how the cannons on the gun deck will be seen in the end. Gun tackles will be added after the spar deck beam support knees are installed because gun tackle hooks will be attached to the eye bolts on the knees.

20240116_150810.jpg20240116_150619.jpg20240116_150454.jpg20240116_150444.jpg20240116_143900.jpg20240116_143852.jpg20240116_143742.jpg20240116_143728.jpg20240116_143720.jpg20240116_143401.jpg20240116_143344.jpg20240116_141326.jpg

images (13).jpeg

20240117_150913.jpg

20240117_150747.jpg

20240117_150214.jpg

Last edited:
Back