USS Constitution by Model Expo

No, I do not have a building log at all. I guess I was not confident enough in my techniques and the outcome to try to set any example for others. I do not work on any time schedule and I deviate a little from the plans here and there to suit me and my abilities as a ship modeler.
I am now just starting to build Model Expo's new cutaway of this same model. I thought it would be interesting and informative to display them together.

Jedd
We ALL “do not work on any time schedule and I deviate a little from the plans here and there to suit our abilities as modelers”.
At least myself do that.
We all do our own research about the models we want to build and proceed to take away or replace original parts from our commercially created models.
The Model Expo Constitution Cross section is a big and very detailed model.
I have posted the original photos of its designer Ken Foran.
Search here for the USS Constitution Cross section that I posted and you will see the actual pictures from Ken Foran’s studio.
A super guidances for whoever wants to build this great looking model.

I have just completed an area to work on. To answer the question: I am ready to start my Model Expo U.S.S. Constitution. It will be a long process due to limited time available, but plan to start a build log soon

Best wishes to you Howard.
It’s going to be a long building log, one we all will enjoy.

Jedd
We ALL “do not work on any time schedule and I deviate a little from the plans here and there to suit our abilities as modelers”.
At least myself do that.
We all do our own research about the models we want to build and proceed to take away or replace original parts from our commercially created models.
The Model Expo Constitution Cross section is a big and very detailed model.
I have posted the original photos of its designer Ken Foran.
Search here for the USS Constitution Cross section that I posted and you will see the actual pictures from Ken Foran’s studio.
A super guidances for whoever wants to build this great looking model.
Thanks for the reference and photos! I will be using them.

I like to let everyone know that the Model Expo Constitution model and cross section will be on production starting Monday August the 2nd.

I think that I could get the prices in a few minutes for both kits.
I just asked the Production Manager.
Waiting for his answer.

Hi! I also wanna build USS Constitution from Model Shipways. Can you recommend this seminar?
(Sophomore Course, USF Constitution (includes masting and rigging)

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi! I also wanna build USS Constitution from Model Shipways. Can you recommend this seminar?
(Sophomore Course, USF Constitution (includes masting and rigging)

Thanks!
You can get a good package deal on his College pack which covers 8-10 ships of all difficulties.

Or you can just by the specific package for the USF Constitution.

All depends on your skills and what kits you plan to buy, his website has examples and info.

You can get Robert Hunt's USS Constitution practicum at Lauck Street Shipyard for $100:

I've been using his practicum as a guide as I am kitbashing the MS kit to add a gun deck. You can follow my build log on either of these sites:

modelshipworld.com

modelshipbuilder.com
I just bought this ship and found Lauck Street Shipyard. Bob was real nice to answer some question I had about the course and I ended up buying the CD with the extra pictures for $120 plus $10 shipping. Can't wait to get it started. Looks like a fun and frustrating build. I have read a few builds of this ship by Model Shipways and they all seem to have issue during the build. But thats part of the fun right?

Received the seminar yesterday - it's very comprehensive. Unfortunately it does not cover the construction of the canon deck which I intend to do. Hope to get some help here with this. And yes - this kit is very hard to build. I'll try my best ;)

Ok. One major difference between Bluejacket and ME version is that the Bluejacket is a solid hull. I tried one of their kits before and I must confess that I don't like solid hulls. But that is just me.
I agree with you there. I dont care for the solid hull either. Going to be an interesting build. I think we can do it. I may not get mine started till this fall as I am finishing up the rigging on French frigate Hermione La Fayette and just started planking HMS Victory.

I just bought this ship and found Lauck Street Shipyard. Bob was real nice to answer some question I had about the course and I ended up buying the CD with the extra pictures for $120 plus $10 shipping. Can't wait to get it started. Looks like a fun and frustrating build. I have read a few builds of this ship by Model Shipways and they all seem to have issue during the build. But thats part of the fun right?
This Practicum was my training! It is very comprehensive and covered numerous building topics and tricks of the trade. You wont be disappointed! After building this ship I felt that I could build at any level. Good Luck

Back