USS Constitution from Scientific Models

I just started work at First Baptist Academy in Universal City, Texas. It's located at the church I attend. I will be teaching half-time. I have two classes of 8th grade Bible, teaching Dynamic Christian Living. I also teach 12th grade students in the study of Revelation, the last book of the Bible. That is ironic, because I never particularly enjoyed teaching prophetic books because of all the various possibilities of interpretation. Unfortunately, because of all the study this will require of me, my ship building will necessarily suffer. Maybe two ratlines a day. So not much to report today. Blessings to all, and I hope to get started again within the next few weeks.

I just started work at First Baptist Academy in Universal City, Texas. It's located at the church I attend. I will be teaching half-time. I have two classes of 8th grade Bible, teaching Dynamic Christian Living. I also teach 12th grade students in the study of Revelation, the last book of the Bible. That is ironic, because I never particularly enjoyed teaching prophetic books because of all the various possibilities of interpretation. Unfortunately, because of all the study this will require of me, my ship building will necessarily suffer. Maybe two ratlines a day. So not much to report today. Blessings to all, and I hope to get started again within the next few weeks.
Best of luck with your new challenge.

How fun, Vic! I am confident your students will be blessed by your teaching.

Good morning Vic. This is going to be a rewarding experience. You must be looking forward to it. Revelation is one of my favourite books probably because I have never really been able to grasp it fully- it’s like a cypher which I don’t have the encryption codes for :D . Enjoy. Cheers Grant

Dear Vic. I think this is an incredible challenge that awaits you. Both those subjects sound extremely exciting - to the Dynamic Christian Life I would add a "relevance" component, whilst Revelations is like model ship building (and I say with the greatest respect and piety). We are always looking for the answers and even though there are various options available, we can never be quite sure which is the correct one.

Good luck, my friend!

Dear Vic. I think this is an incredible challenge that awaits you. Both those subjects sound extremely exciting - to the Dynamic Christian Life I would add a "relevance" component, whilst Revelations is like model ship building (and I say with the greatest respect and piety). We are always looking for the answers and even though there are various options available, we can never be quite sure which is the correct one.

Good luck, my friend!
Thanks, Heinrich!

There are some good videos you can view on Revelations. Some prophecy is obviously more easily discernable, because it aligns with the history to support it. Future events are are more subject to interpretation. That may be rhetorical, but just pointing out that the events that already happened are no longer subject to interpretation, therefore that's always a good starting point. ;)

I was rummaging through a friend’s hoard of books, magazines, paintings, and generally interesting things with him. While I was gawking at his stuff, we were talking about my hobbies as well. As we headed back downstairs, he picked up an old wooden kit of the Constitution made by Scientific and handed it to me. He said he bought it when he had visited the Constitution Museum back in 1984. He had never opened the box. I asked if he had enough room to display it, and he said, “Sure!” I guess this is my next project: for Gary.
Hallo Viy alias @Vfordyce
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Enjoy your very special day

Back