USS Constitution from Scientific Models

Somehow, I've missed out on this whole log up to now. I've been browsing through it and plan to devote the time it takes to really take in this marvelous and inspiring build. Now I'm inspired to search out some of these old Scientific kits if I can find any intact. I love the small scale and with downsizing on the horizon, they look perfect for carrying on the ship model building in a much-reduced workshop. They lend themselves to super detailing and "bashing" with endless possibilities. Your work is first rate and very inspiring! Okay

Happy Holidays, Pete Gutterman

Somehow, I've missed out on this whole log up to now. I've been browsing through it and plan to devote the time it takes to really take in this marvelous and inspiring build. Now I'm inspired to search out some of these old Scientific kits if I can find any intact. I love the small scale and with downsizing on the horizon, they look perfect for carrying on the ship model building in a much-reduced workshop. They lend themselves to super detailing and "bashing" with endless possibilities. Your work is first rate and very inspiring! Okay

Happy Holidays, Pete Gutterman
Thanks, Peter! I’m almost done with the lower mizzen shrouds. I’ll take some pix when I get home from vacation.

Peter, your workshop is perfect! Why do you need to downsize? Vic, My daughter will be staying at an RV park in Rockport during the winter months. We will drive down from Conroe and spend some beach time with her. Magic Mike
Sounds like fun, Mike. I’m in Omaha now, but heading back home to Texas tomorrow. Not used to cold weather anymore.

Thanks, Peter! I’m almost done with the lower mizzen shrouds. I’ll take some pix when I get home from vacation.
I look forward to it.
Peter, your workshop is perfect! Why do you need to downsize? Vic, My daughter will be staying at an RV park in Rockport during the winter months. We will drive down from Conroe and spend some beach time with her. Magic Mike
My workshop as it is currently perfect, but due to age and health reasons my wife and I will have to relocate in the foreseeable future to smaller more accessaible one floor quarters.

Last edited:
Back