Nice. Are you using wire strips? My kit had me use line.Here's a quick update, I've been continuing on cleaning things up as I go such as the eyebolts that have old line tied to them etc. The night befor last I finished installing the deadeyes along the starboard side. 22 years ago I remember I installed the boards the deadeye strops go through before I put in the deadeyes. Because of this I decided to elongate the holes for the strops to get installed. The photo below shows the elongated holes behind the deadeyes.
When I tried to string the deadeyes they were all over the place in terms of not being in line with each other, turning sideways etc. I think these elongated holes were a big part of the reason I couldn't get the shrouds and deadeyes to look descent which is why I gave up on them. So last night I glued a strip of wood behind all of the deadeyes to close up the elongated hole and hold the deadeyes along the edge of the board and in the correct alignment.
I did some touchup painting and will glue the deadeyes to the strops with some diluted white glue and everything should stay lined up nice when I finish rigging it. This is how the deadeyes sit now.
You can see the strips in this photo.
Now I'm going to turn my attention to making the bow and stern look more correct.