USS Constitution Mamolii 1:93 scale

I finished reworking this ship a couple weeks ago. Just getting around to adding the final photos. I'm really happy with how it looks now.

fin001-XL.jpg

fin002-X2.jpg

fin003-X3.jpg

fin004-XL.jpg

fin005-XL.jpg

fin006-XL.jpg

fin007-XL.jpg

fin008-X2.jpg

fin009-XL.jpg

fin010-XL.jpg

Jimsky,

Tachnically, my next project was actually this little 52mm long life boat. It was so small I looked at it and thought, theres no way you could build a plank on frame boat that size, but it actually turned out pretty good. It's 1/96 scale supposedly.

MiniP003-L.jpg

MiniP002-L.jpg

Here's a quick update, I've been continuing on cleaning things up as I go such as the eyebolts that have old line tied to them etc. The night befor last I finished installing the deadeyes along the starboard side. 22 years ago I remember I installed the boards the deadeye strops go through before I put in the deadeyes. Because of this I decided to elongate the holes for the strops to get installed. The photo below shows the elongated holes behind the deadeyes.

TTT002-M.jpg

When I tried to string the deadeyes they were all over the place in terms of not being in line with each other, turning sideways etc. I think these elongated holes were a big part of the reason I couldn't get the shrouds and deadeyes to look descent which is why I gave up on them. So last night I glued a strip of wood behind all of the deadeyes to close up the elongated hole and hold the deadeyes along the edge of the board and in the correct alignment.

TTT003-M.jpg

I did some touchup painting and will glue the deadeyes to the strops with some diluted white glue and everything should stay lined up nice when I finish rigging it. This is how the deadeyes sit now.

TTT004-L.jpg

You can see the strips in this photo.
TTT001-XL.jpg

Now I'm going to turn my attention to making the bow and stern look more correct.
Nice. Are you using wire strips? My kit had me use line.

The chain plates and strops on mine came with the Mamoli Kit. They're made of a soft metal that you can bend around the deadeye. Mamoli went out of business but you can buy something similar from Mantua or Corel or from Model Expo Here

You can make your own from wire seem a lot of them done that way.

Back