USS Constitution "Old Ironsides " 1:93 Scale Mamoli

I all

I have made up my new plank marker jig.

This one will do different thicknesses of planking material and does not require clamps as I have replaced them with wing nuts

Attachments

• P1010013D.jpg
    P1010013D.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 69
Yes Sir.

It does not help when you take me out for half a day yesterday (No Gemma, it was not down the pub drinking a bottle of rum) and then my camera played up today and the I had to buy new batteries for the camera. The last batteries lasted half a day. I had to surf the web for new tools. Look for my pencil that many times today it wasn't funny. :angry-banghead: I had a good day.

Well I have dry fitted another plank today set of planks today.

I might go and glue these planks in now and that way I can do another update tomorrow.

Cheers
Geoff :DP1010014D.jpg

Hello Geoff

Your Plank Tapering Jig sure looks like it will be easy to use and it is also nice and long. Golly, you had a party with the Rum and never invited your Old Ship Mates, I am so very disappointed !!!!! ENJOY.

Regards Lawrence

Lawrence

We did a session at Banyan's on rigging on Saturday. There was no Rum there.

We saw his Endeavor that he competed after 14 years. It looked absolutely stunning

Cheers
Geoff

Aussie048 said:
Lawrence

We did a session at Banyan's on rigging on Saturday. There was no Rum there.

We saw his Endeavor that he competed after 14 years. It looked absolutely stunning

Cheers
Geoff

Hello Geoff

It sounds like you had a great time on Saturday, It sounds like the Endeavor is a thing of beauty. I was just teasing about the RUM, ENJOY

Regards Lawrence

Lawrence

It is good of Pat to pass on knowledge to less experienced model ship builders.

That is what the forums and the clubs are all about.

Cheers
Geoff

Here is my daily update I was requested to do. I think that all the the planks are on that only needed tapering at the bow. From now on they will need to be tapered at both bow and stern. I will double check that and then rework my taper measurements. You might notice that there are a few darker pieces of timber on the hull. That is also limewood

Cheers
GeoffP1010017D.jpg

I have been working on tapering measurements and looking at the stern of my Connie.

Looking at the stern there is a sharp taper to occur. I will play with some planking and try to work out how high and shar[ I need to go.Stern.pngP1010019D.jpg

Brian

I try to do a bit most days in the shipyard. Like today it was measuring the gap in the planking. Getting totally confused trying to understand the plan and the sketch plans with regards to the stern of my Connie. It's not as easy as looking up another build log because at this part of my build there is no build log to look at.

It wasn't until I scanned the plans of the stern and attached them to the build that I could then relate to what was going on. Plenty of reading. I will probably go though the exercise again tomorrow to make sure I am happy to proceed.

Don't rush saves time.

I know that I will not let the actions of a few people put me off building again.

Cheers
Geoff

Well, I am not looking forward to faring the stern bulkhead. The amount of taper require is a on a curved angle is a fair amount. I have roughly penciled in what I think I need to taper doen to so I can square up to the stern block. Well here goes nothing. It is wood and can be replaced. I hope I do not have toP1010001d.jpg

Well when doubt get the Dremel out. Yes I dd but I did finish the tapering with a curved file. Now to try and fit some more planks

Cheers
GeoffP1010003d.jpg

Yesterday I was on the tools for a change. Well to keep the neighbors happier by not firing up power tools. I did a little bit of fixing of 4 posts on the forecastle deck that I did not really like the angle of and made up a jig so I can cut and countersink the parts for the main frame that goes around the grates. I still have to put my 3 x 3 mm walnut on a diet and bring them down to 3 x 3 mm to make the main grate frame out of

Cheers
GeoffP1010004d.jpg

Hello Geoff.

Nice to see that you are moving ahead in your old shipyard, your planking sure is looking great. Sure do love your little mill, boy could I have fun with that, but that is only a pipe dream. At my age, I could never justify the cost of a new one. ENJOY.

Regards Lawrence

Hi Lawrence

Yes it the Micro Mill is a good little tool. I intend to make the ships steering wheel as who I purchased it I also got the dividing table at the same time

Cheers
Geoff

I have just dry fitted one plank and trying to work out how to clamp it whist wet to achieve the bend. This curve is pretty tight in the plank .Well 3 hard drive magnets on the stern and one inside the hull has done the job. I glued the plank to the stern using CA and now will continue the rest of the plank with PVA.P1010007d.jpg

Back