Viking ship kit

Pavel,
I am new to this site and building ship models, but I would like to ask a question. I am currently building your older version of the Oseberg and really having fun with it. On the newer version will the planking be made from cherry of beech? I like this kit so much I may make the updated version my second build. Also, have you thought of leaving a bit of extra length to the center sections of the planking runs to allow for hand fitting the seams? Thank you for your time.
John

Pavel,
I am new to this site and building ship models, but I would like to ask a question. I am currently building your older version of the Oseberg and really having fun with it. On the newer version will the planking be made from cherry of beech? I like this kit so much I may make the updated version my second build. Also, have you thought of leaving a bit of extra length to the center sections of the planking runs to allow for hand fitting the seams? Thank you for your time.
John
Approximately in July of this year, the third version of the Oseberg dracar will go on sale. She will have cherry planks, the sail will already be painted and with aging effects, the rigging will be much more complicated and of course more beautiful than the first two versions. There will also be a number of other notable improvements.....

This is clamps for planking. But they break easily, I notice.
Are these elements made out of a plywood, or is this solid wood.
If no plywood it is clear, that they will brake, because of the direction of the grain .....

Hi!
Thank you for noticing our kit "Oseberg")
The fact is that in two months a very updated version of this model will go on sale. And she really can claim the title of the best. I will post some photos from the construction of a new drakar. Also this year another 1:32 scale kit of dracars will go on sale, it will be "Gokstad", and it will be designed in a style completely repeating historical dracars. That is, there will be no plywood in its design.

View attachment 322230

View attachment 322231

View attachment 322232

View attachment 322233

View attachment 322234
The notches on the bulkheads look like they make construction infinitely easier than the Amati Drakkar kit. Are thy pre-cut this way? Or are these photos post-sanding and shaping?

Approximately in July of this year, the third version of the Oseberg dracar will go on sale. She will have cherry planks, the sail will already be painted and with aging effects, the rigging will be much more complicated and of course more beautiful than the first two versions. There will also be a number of other notable improvements.....
Hi Pavel, the third version of the drakkar Oseberg with cherry planks, the sail already painted and with aging effects and other improvements.....is it already available for purchase? Thank you

Pavel, I would like to hear your opinion about the fact that in my set of trim belts number 12, the cutouts for the oars have the same slope. I can't understand why this is. The bow parts of the belt 12 have a different slope. Is this a configuration error?And from which dial number did you eliminate the error with the width of the trim strips? Where can I see my dial number?And where did the second detail, the thickening of the belt covering for mounting the steering oar, go? I just don't have it in my kit.

1709839485949.jpg

1709839406279.jpg

IMG_20240307_193041.jpg

IMG_20240307_193047.jpg

IMG_20240304_195620.jpg

IMG_20240304_195626.jpg

IMG_20240304_195746.jpg

Describe all these questions in a letter to the store, they will answer you and help you figure it out. I can hardly be everywhere, designing and producing and selling. I just don't have enough hands.

Describe all these questions in a letter to the store, they will answer you and help you figure it out. I can hardly be everywhere, designing and producing and selling. I just don't have enough hands.
What does the seller have to do with it?I also wrote to them, while they are silent. The plates with the details are all there. There are no identical ones, but 2 details are wrong.I just don't understand how it happened.

IMG_20240310_174635.jpg

IMG_20240310_174640.jpg

IMG_20240310_174646.jpg

IMG_20240310_174658.jpg

IMG_20240310_174711.jpg

IMG_20240310_174725.jpg

IMG_20240310_174749.jpg

I mean, this is a set flaw.I looked at the Ornholt assembly, it has the same non-docking.Although he didn't write anything about it. Figure it out so that future versions of the set can be fixed.

20230408_110939.jpg

I mean, this is a set flaw.I looked at the Ornholt assembly, it has the same non-docking.Although he didn't write anything about it. Figure it out so that future versions of the set can be fixed.

View attachment 434056
I didn't post on SoS about this. But I wrote to Pavel about it. This was still a minor problem minus the errors I had to deal with. Was happy to leave the project to start a new one.

I will cut out the missing part myself from the remains of the frames with details. About the oars, the change of direction. The cutouts are only for putting an oar into the side of the ship. So it doesn't matter which nose the drakar is coming from. I think Pavel's drawing is correct, but there was a mistake with the details. Purely aesthetically, it is more beautiful to tilt the cutouts to one side

I continue to work on the drakar. There are errors in the set. I had to put up with something, fix something. I don't know what to do with the shields? Or paint it, or tint it, or just varnish it. The skin was tinted with a stain to match the stained oak, the deck and the decor on the staves were simply oak. I want to make racks under the yard in the center of the deck. There are pictures on the box of the set, they are there, but they are not intended in the set itself. Does anyone have an image of what they looked like?

IMG_20240315_211752.jpg

IMG_20240315_211809.jpg

IMG_20240315_211821.jpg

IMG_20240315_211830.jpg

To start with, I would assume if the shields are in place, then the crew must be also. If the ship is displayed unmanned, then surely the Vikings would have taken their shields with them?

Back