What music do you listen to while modelbuilding?

Anything that motivates me to work. Most often I listen to what's called Euphoric Trance. It's high energy and upbeat ,which is what I need, especially when installing the ratlines.

Flight of the Valkyrie anyone!
I switched from 24/7 classical radio to a genre more stimulating and have been listening to Irish Pub Songs, Sea Chanties, Rebel Songs a bit, and some Irish traditional instrumental but mainly the vocals which have a great variety. One of those is playing right now . . . sea chanties and ballad of the sea. Rich (PT-2)

Most of the time it's my Pandora station based on Tangerine Dream, which also features a lot of Vangelis, Jean Michel Jarre, Carbon Based Life Forms, Steve Roach, David Helpling, et al. I also have an Isao Tomita station which includes all of the above and some Walter (now known as Wendy) Carlos.

My playlist is rather eclectic. Supertramp, Evanescence, Sara Bareilles, Kate Bush, Eurythmics, Muse, July Talk, Gorillaz, Pink Floyd, The Black Keys, The Watchmen, Mozart, Beethoven, Chopin, and many more. Throw in some gaming music.

Some of the Canadians on the list (and I highly recommend you check them out):
  • Lindsey Walker (a former student of mine!) jazz/blues
  • Black Sea Station (a good friend is part of this amazing klezmer band)
  • Gordon Lightfoot (rock/folk)
  • Arctic Monkeys (rock)
  • Rush (rock)
  • Parachute Club (classic 80s pop)
  • Bet.e and Stef (bossa nova)
  • Allanah Myles (rock, pop, blues)
Clear skies!
Gabe

A bit of everything from rock to classical. But never rap or heavy metal, that stuff just makes me edgy. The beauty of music is that there is something for everyone. I like a bit of County too, but with the advent of self-driving cars it's only a question of time before some guy writes a song about his truck leaving him.

I listen to mostly local FM oldies playing 70's and 80's, sometimes some old CDs I got from my dad when he passed, he has a varied collection of all types, I will play most anything but Polka Dance songs.

German beer drinking songs on occasion are good.

Back