Wood,lumber and timber suppliers

donfarr

Blandford Group Build

Jim, you got it right, a GREAT friendly helpfull Co. mor then just a buisness but operated by people who REALLKY care about the hobby. Don

Dicas

Today and following Zoltan´s suggestion, I ordered some wood from modellbau-holz.jimdo.com for my Nuestra Senora and to replace some of the wood of the Ambiteux.

Although the site is entirely in German, and I don't speak a word of German, it was not difficult to place the order.

Now is just wait and see what happens, I have great faith in the quality of their wood, I'll leave my impressions here, as soon as I receive the parcel.

Regards

JL

Dicas

Well, I've just received the wood I had ordered. Less than a week, considering the Easter period and the Holy Week, it was very rapid indeed.

Very good wood, consistent quality, color and appearance. I think it was a good choice. I sincerely recommend their wood and their service.

Not a fancy parcel, but sturdy and I am used to have the wood supplied in plastic sleeves, not so here, just the wood :p

Only thing against is the post. Expensive, but I am used to that with every German supplier, including Proxxon.

Now I have no excuses. Ambitieux and NS del Pilar are waiting.

Some photos

DSC05737.JPG

DSC05738.JPG

DSC05739.JPG

DSC05740.JPG

Regards

JL

zoly99sask

Admin
Staff member
Administrative
Blandford Group Build

Thanks for the invaluable information Zoltan. I am using The Lumber Yard (click the link) for the source of wood in the US. Very good selection and quality of wood. Friendly, family oriented service operated by a family. Highly recommend!

Best, Jim
Seems like The Lumberyard the only timber supplier left in the USA ,Crown Timberyard just closed their doors for good and yes Lumberyard has boxwood!!!

donfarr

Blandford Group Build

AND RED GUM AND AMERICAN BLACK WALNUT AND BLOODWOOD,etc, etc, etc and 30 PLUS YEARS OF DOING BUISNESS, AS WELL AS A LEADER AND VISONARY PLUS EXCELLENT QUALITY OF KITS. Don