Wood,lumber and timber suppliers

Today and following Zoltan´s suggestion, I ordered some wood from modellbau-holz.jimdo.com for my Nuestra Senora and to replace some of the wood of the Ambiteux.

Although the site is entirely in German, and I don't speak a word of German, it was not difficult to place the order.

Now is just wait and see what happens, I have great faith in the quality of their wood, I'll leave my impressions here, as soon as I receive the parcel.

Regards

JL

Well, I've just received the wood I had ordered. Less than a week, considering the Easter period and the Holy Week, it was very rapid indeed.

Very good wood, consistent quality, color and appearance. I think it was a good choice. I sincerely recommend their wood and their service.

Not a fancy parcel, but sturdy and I am used to have the wood supplied in plastic sleeves, not so here, just the wood :p

Only thing against is the post. Expensive, but I am used to that with every German supplier, including Proxxon.

Now I have no excuses. Ambitieux and NS del Pilar are waiting.

Some photos

DSC05737.JPG

DSC05738.JPG

DSC05739.JPG

DSC05740.JPG

Regards

JL

Thanks for the invaluable information Zoltan. I am using The Lumber Yard (click the link) for the source of wood in the US. Very good selection and quality of wood. Friendly, family oriented service operated by a family. Highly recommend!

Best, Jim
Seems like The Lumberyard the only timber supplier left in the USA ,Crown Timberyard just closed their doors for good and yes Lumberyard has boxwood!!!

I was looking for a couple different strip sizes over the past couple of weeks as I work on my Fair American. I have very little stock of wood strips. I have what came in the kit and I did get a couple of small packages of strips, but I cannot remember where I got them. What is the best way to go about getting some different sizes of strip wood. I am not familiar with all the different varieties. I have been reading Dave's post on different types of wood, but have no idea what I should try and stock.
Thank you.

hola buenos dias, ya recibi la madera de peral de Alemania, es buena madera pero no es el color rojizo que estoy acostumbrado a trabajar, pero esta bien presentada y empaquetada

Last edited:
Anyone know of a vendor for small, flat-head planking nails?
Here

Back