current build images Your actual Ship Modeling Project - briefly introduced at a glance -> present it here

Current project is the Model Shipways Mayflower II. Getting ready to start the masting and rigging. I am a Mayflower descendant so thought it would be fun to complete this build during the 400th anniversary year of the sailing of the Mayflower.

1 - Mayflower II Side.JPG2 - Mayflower II Angle.JPG3 - Mayflower II Top.JPG

I am in synch with the above statements, great work, and representation of the famous ship! Thumbsup Would you consider showing the development process in the build log? Seriously...why not? It is a great way to share your skills with others, and it doesn't have to be from the beginning, though.

BTW, Welcome aboard SOS!!

I am still stuck working on my Fair American. With everything going bad in real life, I have not done anything on it for about 2 years now. I just got an itch the past few days and came back onsite. James, where are you located in Tennessee? I am just South of Nashville.

the CAUSTIC

View attachment 150708

joinery work at the mast partners and the butterfly scarf on the caprail

View attachment 150709

View attachment 150710

Z scarf on the cap rail

View attachment 150711

View attachment 150712
What wood species are you using in this build? Looks very nice. I also saw in your shop a set of neat plastic boxes divided somehow to hold your various lumber types/sizes. What are those and where did you find or modify them? I am primitive and using empty toilet paper rolls taped to a backer to sort out those for the pending Bluenose build. PT-2

Hey all, this is my first build a Bluenose by Scientific which I found on Ebay. Looks like the model is from the late 50's or 60's but it seems to have all the parts. Looking at the instructions they assumed I grew up on a pirate ship but will give it a go.View attachment 171373

Attachments

• 20200722_144723.jpg
    20200722_144723.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 18
Sorry for this overload, I am learning:rolleyes:Question-Mark;)
I edited your photos - no problem
Great model you are working here - many thanks for sharing with us - I like the color of your timber very much - especially the deck planking - which type of wood you are using?

Back